Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
How does one go about getting the member bar placed on their account? I bought my 2 emblem membership back in the first part of May.

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
Sweet!! Thanks a bunch. Glad to be here and a part of all this!!

Reactions: Steve

Dave Decker

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Paradise Hills, NM
Member #

Thanks @nickburt ! Yes, I believe these are badges earned vs badges available to be earned.

This system is about to undergo significant updates, further defining the other three badge tracks! Since we are on the topic, I'm going to drop this here. We just had the challenge coins for the other three tracks designed. The set looks like this. We think the innovator track is actually going to read, "Challenge Creates Invention". Any better suggestions?

Cheers!

M

View attachment 41153
Excellent! I've been looking forward to seeing what the other coins will look like, great job!

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I, along with a fair number of others (only me is an OB member) spend a significant number of weekends up on various places of Dartmoor clearing up discarded rubbish by the "inconsiderate fraternity". I guess because there's no OB member to confirm this is why our actions are not recognised.

what we need is a proactive Ambassador to figure out ways of increasing UK Membership. I fly the OB flag (literally) on these and other occasions. I'll also be flying the flag at the World Record attempt this coming weekend too. you never know there might be future members as a result. fingers crossed

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

This is great stuff. Love the thought that has gone into the awards and structure. This is day one on the forums for me. Just taking a look through all the FAQ before I post my intro post. But I have to say that I'm already glad I went with the Ultimate Membership kit. I see a supporter role in my future. Bravo Zulu! ~ Eric AKA Jeepsies

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hey Everyone,

I've received quite a few questions about the point and rank system in the forums.

The most important thing to understand is that the rank system being built over time by design. We've actually put considerable time into thinking what is MOST relevant within the overland community, and how we might reward different level members. Here are some details.
  1. There are 4 trophy "tracks". They are:
    1. Overland Bound Ambassador - Community focused, and primarily forum activity.
    2. Overland Bound Adventurer - For those who travel a lot, and share their routes and experience.
    3. Overland Bound Innovator - For do-it-yourself-ers, and idea generators contributing new ideas to Overlanding.
    4. Overland Bound Challenger - Extreme Challenge Series
  2. Each track has 15 trophies.
  3. Trophies can be displayed on your profile once awarded.
  4. Trophies award "points".
  5. Completing every trophy in all tracks will award the maximum number of points, and the highest rank.
  6. Points increase your "Rank"
  7. Trophies have requirements. Some are forum-based (automatic) but some will need to be verified. For example, the Overland Bound Challenger Trail Blazer II trophy might require a verified water crossing.
The Ambassador Track is complete. There are 15 possible Trophies, for a total of 3,970 points. That would get you to Rank 6 of 10, but keep in mind, rank 10 is 15,000 points.

To display the badges in the forums, go to your profile and select the earned badge you would like to display!

Here are the Trophy Requirements:

Ambassador Trophy Requirements:

View attachment 1154

This is how it all fits together to eventually become a Legendary Member:

View attachment 1153
I guess I need to verify that I met some fellow OB members...does Jon Snow count lol?

Reactions: Steve

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

This is great stuff. Love the thought that has gone into the awards and structure. This is day one on the forums for me. Just taking a look through all the FAQ before I post my intro post. But I have to say that I'm already glad I went with the Ultimate Membership kit. I see a supporter role in my future. Bravo Zulu! ~ Eric AKA Jeepsies
Welcome. Oh and good to see a BZ too. I'm not sure many people would understand it

Reactions: Hourless Life

HAWKI

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tahoe City, CA
Member #

Hey Everyone,

I've received quite a few questions about the point and rank system in the forums.

The most important thing to understand is that the rank system being built over time by design. We've actually put considerable time into thinking what is MOST relevant within the overland community, and how we might reward different level members. Here are some details.
    2. Overland Bound Adventurer - For those who travel a lot, and share their routes and experience.
    3. Overland Bound Innovator - For do-it-yourself-ers, and idea generators contributing new ideas to Overlanding.
  5. Completing every trophy in all tracks will award the maximum number of points, and the highest rank.
  7. Trophies have requirements. Some are forum-based (automatic) but some will need to be verified. For example, the Overland Bound Challenger Trail Blazer II trophy might require a verified water crossing.
The Ambassador Track is complete. There are 15 possible Trophies, for a total of 3,970 points. That would get you to Rank 6 of 10, but keep in mind, rank 10 is 15,000 points.

To display the badges in the forums, go to your profile and select the earned badge you would like to display!

View attachment 1154

View attachment 1153
Great info, Thanks!

Ironhide

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Camano Island, WA
First Name
Lenny
Last Name
Motta
Member #

...and oh boy, yes, I know its complicated. If you want to know why, that will require a fireside chat.

M
Alright! Does that you'll be up here soon for a fireside chat with the Northwest bunch? By the way, I really appreciate your You-Tube videos.

T.Shack

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Red Bluff Ca.
Member #

Hey Everyone,

View attachment 1154
Oh kewl so this is how it works!
Hey Everyone,

View attachment 1154

View attachment 1153

Status
Not open for further replies.