US Southeast Triad Area Meetup/Rig Meet and Greet

• HTML tutorial

Overland Wanderlust

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

RURAL HALL, NC
Member #

Mark the date! May 18th at 8am we will be having a meet and greet with our rigs at 970 S Main St, Kernersville, NC 27284 in the parking lot of Target/Panera Bread. Please meet in the area marked. There are plenty of places to get coffee/breakfast in the area. Panera, Starbucks, Biscuitville, etc are all within walking distance. Please RSVP if you'll be there.Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 2.09.50 PM.png

Reactions: ckkphoto

Pirate75

Rank V
Launch Member

Builder I

Statesville, North Carolina
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Grimes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RWT
Wish I could make it. Work told me no weekends or weekend days off till after July 4. I am already going to have to call in sick one Saturday to have help getting my suspension on that is sitting in the basement!

Reactions: Overland Wanderlust

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

We will be there. Planning on also doing Hurricane Creek for an over night after the meet up.
We will be there. Planning on also doing Hurricane Creek for an over night after the meet up.
That was such a fun trail!!! There are a few good campsites along it, but there is only one or two I can think of that could fit more than 2 or 3 rigs comfortably.
One is near the old skeleton of a bus. It's somewhat early on in the trail. I didn't record the exact coordinates from it.
The other was near the end of the trail. I found it on my mapping data from last weekend. It was easy to spot because we realized we missed the turn in the trail so the double-back shows up pretty easily. I'm pretty sure the coordinates for that spot are 35.73939, -82.98519.

Darthwj913

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Clark
Member #

That was such a fun trail!!! There are a few good campsites along it, but there is only one or two I can think of that could fit more than 2 or 3 rigs comfortably.
One is near the old skeleton of a bus. It's somewhat early on in the trail. I didn't record the exact coordinates from it.
The other was near the end of the trail. I found it on my mapping data from last weekend. It was easy to spot because we realized we missed the turn in the trail so the double-back shows up pretty easily. I'm pretty sure the coordinates for that spot are 35.73939, -82.98519.
You are correct thats the best spot we had 4 rigs and 8 folks and it has a nice fire ring there also !

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

You are correct thats the best spot we had 4 rigs and 8 folks and it has a nice fire ring there also !
Looking back, I should have set some more waypoints for the campsites, tough sections, POI's, etc. I remembered to set one for the rest area, and for the trailhead, but after that I didn't think about it again.

Crush

Rank 0

Contributor I

I am planning to go to Hurricane Creek tomorrow. Driving up from Knoxville.
This will be my first off road trip with family.
Any tips regarding trail conditions is greatly appreciated.
Also, is there a good spot to turnaround if I don't make it all way to Max Patch?

Reactions: Jeffrey Dill

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

I am planning to go to Hurricane Creek tomorrow. Driving up from Knoxville.
This will be my first off road trip with family.
Any tips regarding trail conditions is greatly appreciated.
Also, is there a good spot to turnaround if I don't make it all way to Max Patch?
There are a few spots you can turn around, however - if it is slick and muddy - you may be better off continuing up than coming back down. It would be a bit of a sketchy slip and slide going downhill.

Reactions: justjames

justjames

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Member #

As Sasquatch said, there are a few places to turn around or meet traffic but just a few. The vast majority (99%+) go north from I-40 and with more weekend traffic, you will be meeting everyone so in my opinion go all the way!