Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

To continue to max patch, do I take the national forest rd that connects to max patch rd?
You really shouldn't have any problem in a Wrangler Sahara. Your profile doesn't say if you have done any aftermarket on it, but bone-stock you have 10" of clearance and good maneuverability. You shouldn't have any problems. Grab a hi-lift/farm jack on your way out and some 2x4 or 2x6 pieces of wood (poor man's MaxTrax) if you are worried about getting in a pinch, but you should be good to go.
Here is my route that I just tracked last weekend: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/western-nc-hurricane-trail-to-max-patch.23868/
It's hard to find fresher data than that.

Crush

Rank 0

Contributor I

You really shouldn't have any problem in a Wrangler Sahara. Your profile doesn't say if you have done any aftermarket on it, but bone-stock you have 10" of clearance and good maneuverability. You shouldn't have any problems. Grab a hi-lift/farm jack on your way out and some 2x4 or 2x6 pieces of wood (poor man's MaxTrax) if you are worried about getting in a pinch, but you should be good to go.
Here is my route that I just tracked last weekend: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/western-nc-hurricane-trail-to-max-patch.23868/
It's hard to find fresher data than that.
Thanks

Just have a stock Sahara with AT tires

Reactions: Sasquatch SC

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Thanks

Just have a stock Sahara with AT tires
We did it as a day trip. It took me 2 to 2½ hours to get to the rest area from my house. We did the trail, enjoyed ourselves, took our time. Walked to the top of Max Patch. Then I drove home and had enough daylight left to wash the car.
I did it in a glorified station wagon. You shouldn't have any problems.

Reactions: Overland Wanderlust

Overland Wanderlust

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

RURAL HALL, NC
Member #

We did it as a day trip. It took me 2 to 2½ hours to get to the rest area from my house. We did the trail, enjoyed ourselves, took our time. Walked to the top of Max Patch. Then I drove home and had enough daylight left to wash the car.
I did it in a glorified station wagon. You shouldn't have any problems.
We may have to follow along.

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Thank you all. Family had great time.
Halfway through I put jeep in 4H but otherwise jeep handled wonderful.
How long did it take you to complete the trail? Were you able to make it all the way up to Max Patch?

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Thank you all. Family had great time.
Halfway through I put jeep in 4H but otherwise jeep handled wonderful.
You definitely had the right weather for it.

I have a hiking trip planned for the weekend of May 10th in the Davidson River area w/ some old friends.

I may have to do some research on something Overland for next weekend in the area southwest of Hurricane Creek & north, northeast of Davidson River. Anybody have any suggestions?