Launch Member

Member I

Richland,Wa
First Name
Brian
Last Name
L
Member #

I'm probably done with any multi day trips until spring, now that things have slowed down at work I have some projects planned that will have the jeep down for a bit. Maybe between projects we can find somewhere local to go test things though. Where do like to go around here? We usually head up to the blues or up out of Naches. Also I think there is a few other members in the TC area, might have to find a brewery or lunch spot to meet up and talk shop and future runs.
Yeah....im gonna have the jeep down for a bit to. Ive only had it for about 5 months. After I did my lift and tires i had bad vubrations. Had to throw in a new transfer case. Running pretty good now. Im getting ready to add bumpers and winch. Maybe rock sliders to. I also would like to put new axles in and maybe a locker. Probably wont be ready for any real trips till spring. But yeah I game for any meet ups or if any needs any help getting things done on there vehicles. Im also looking for trails to test on. I went nessing around in the horsheavens a little bit to test transfer case a few days ago.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Yeah....im gonna have the jeep down for a bit to. Ive only had it for about 5 months. After I did my lift and tires i had bad vubrations. Had to throw in a new transfer case. Running pretty good now. Im getting ready to add bumpers and winch. Maybe rock sliders to. I also would like to put new axles in and maybe a locker. Probably wont be ready for any real trips till spring. But yeah I game for any meet ups or if any needs any help getting things done on there vehicles. Im also looking for trails to test on. I went nessing around in the horsheavens a little bit to test transfer case a few days ago.
I haven't been out there in years (10-15) but Hover park outside of Finely used to have some trails you could play around on. Muddy 2 tracks and a little bit of rocks. Not sure what is still open out there but might be a close by place to test things out. Outside of that and sand not a ton of trails real close unless you head to the mountains. Where did you go in the horseheavens?

Bulldog45k

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Richland,Wa
First Name
Brian
Last Name
L
Member #

I haven't been out there in years (10-15) but Hover park outside of Finely used to have some trails you could play around on. Muddy 2 tracks and a little bit of rocks. Not sure what is still open out there but might be a close by place to test things out. Outside of that and sand not a ton of trails real close unless you head to the mountains. Where did you go in the horseheavens?
Just up Mcbee Rd then went up and messed around on Dennis rd. Mostly hard pack trails but some of the grades let me test the transfer case. Going downhill I can see why people upgrade to rear disc but oveall the jeep did well. It went everywhere.

Jackman547

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

La Grande, Or
First Name
David
Last Name
Jackman
Member #

I live in Walla Walla. I am partial to the Blue Mountains and Hells Canyon area for Overland exploration. DM me if you want some beta on places to explore.
I was down in hells canton a couple weekends ago! Gotta love that country! I always thought we should get a grout and do a rip down that way!

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I was down in hells canton a couple weekends ago! Gotta love that country! I always thought we should get a grout and do a rip down that way!
The group I used to ride dualsport motorcycles with used to do a big trip in Hells Canyon every year, we would all camp out in Enterprise for a weekend and ride and hang out. Another great area is that group used to meet at is the Big Eddy Resort along the St. Joe.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

The group I used to ride dualsport motorcycles with used to do a big trip in Hells Canyon every year, we would all camp out in Enterprise for a weekend and ride and hang out. Another great area is that group used to meet at is the Big Eddy Resort along the St. Joe.
I've done a bit of riding up towards St. Joe. Mostly at Marble Creek and outside St. maries, some further south at skyline drive. Awesome place with lots of trails for bikes, haven't taken my jeep up that way yet.

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I would really like to get back to that area. Right now though Im restarting slow, my goal for the coming year is one camping trip. The place Im planning on going to is the Stagger Inn. That was by far the best motorcycle camping trip I have ever had. Just something about being in the presence of thousand year old cedars is amazing to me.

Reactions: Bulldog45k

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Hey Guys!
Met some of you at the Porters Meetup, and still need to meet the rest of you. Was a great time.

A very exciting update for Tri-Cities;

I am working on setting up an official Tri-Cities Recurring Monthly Meetup.
I am hoping to have a location arranged by mid week, and have the first meetup scheduled for the 25th of this month.

I will be looking to all of you for input for developing an agenda for OUR meetings as well as ideas for trip schedules.
Also, It would be really cool if we had a local group logo of sorts. Any graphic design guys in our group?

I want to thank everyone in advance for the support I know the group will get.
More detail will be provided as it develops

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Thanks for taking charge in the Tri cities, let me know if there is anything I can help with along the way. As for a local logo I'm thinking the OB badge with a radioactive Symbol in the middle "Glow and Explore"

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Thanks for taking charge in the Tri cities, let me know if there is anything I can help with along the way. As for a local logo I'm thinking the OB badge with a radioactive Symbol in the middle "Glow and Explore"
Hey, your welcome! This will definitely require a group effort.
I like the logo idea! Lol