TRD Off Road

• HTML tutorial

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

That is awesome. We just got a 2016 T4R Trail which is the same as your 2017 TRD off-road. Since I already have a Tepui RTT mounted on my trailer, the first thing I did was pull the running boards and order rock rails from RCI. And I like your idea of an Icon lift.

Last edited:

Cpol

Rank IX
Launch Member

World Traveler III

Jackson Heights, Queens, NY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Pol
Member #

Thank you, again welcome and if you need assistance, let me know.. it’s been a journey getting parts and mods.. waiting for the batwing at the end of the month. Don’t know if I should invest in air lif kit or add a leaf to the rear to make it more robust.

Reactions: CountryRunner

CountryRunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northwest, Boise, Idaho 83714, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Petrocelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6WCQ
I am looking for a new rack. How is the wind noise?

Looks great!
Actually this is my 2nd Gobi rack. My 1 st one was on a o5 Rubicon that i sold to get the 4Runner. It comes with a wind deflector that works great cruising at 70mph no noticable wind noise at all. FYI Gobi rack take 12 to16 weeks to ship and will set you back 2k.

Reactions: Stepsride

CountryRunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
John
Last Name
Petrocelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6WCQ
That is awesome. We just got a 2016 T4R Trail which is the same as your 2017 TRD off-road. Since I already have a Tepui RTT mounted on my trailer, the first thing I did was pull the running boards and order rock rails from RCI. And I like your idea of an Icon lift.
Sounds like we're on the same page send some pics.
the reason i went with 4x Innovations was sale price$559.00 and they are in stock so they shipped in 2 days. There bolt on and KDSS compatible.

Reactions: Derbydude

Cpol

Rank IX
Launch Member

World Traveler III

Jackson Heights, Queens, NY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Pol
Member #

Actually this is my 2nd Gobi rack. My 1 st one was on a o5 Rubicon that i sold to get the 4Runner. It comes with a wind deflector that works great cruising at 70mph no noticable wind noise at all. FYI Gobi rack take 12 to16 weeks to ship and will set you back 2k.
No noise with the rhino flaring

CountryRunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
John
Last Name
Petrocelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6WCQ
Let us know how those 4x Innovations sliders are. I've been eyeing those for awhile. And welcome to the TRD family!

View attachment 69535
Thanks i will . I ordered them on Tuesday they shipped yesterday and FedX says I’ll get them next Thursday. That’s from Milwaukee to California. Getting bare metal with TRD top tread. There bolt on and KDSS compatible. I’ll paint them and have them installed with another friend before the Shaver lake event on the 5th.

Reactions: Fortis Overland