Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

image.jpeg Well my Hella 500ff lights took a crap. Wanted to change the bulbs but couldn't get the screws loosened up. Plus the reflector on one of them was flaking.
I was doing some research and wanted the normal Rigid Industries Duallys. But the price was way too high for me. So I went and looked for cheaper routes. From my research I was told to look for Cree LED bulbs. Went to Autozone and Advanced and didn't find anything too amazing.
Went across the street to Tractor Supply Center (TSC) and looked around there. They have a brand of stuff called Traveller. Well they had these work lights which produce a flood beam pattern. For $82 I got two 5" Round HD work lights. They seem constructed very well and mount is pretty solid.
Got home spliced up some wires and put stuff together. It got dark out and finally got to test them! They work excellent so far!! They produce a lot of light in a flood pattern. Perfect for what I was looking for.
So if you are in the market and don't want to break your bank check these out! I would recommend them for sure. They also make light bars and square versions of these lights. If I remember I will update this thread and let you know how the work over time.

Reactions: ElDusto and Steve

ElDusto

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Missoula County, Montana, United States
First Name
Dusty
Last Name
S.
Member #

View attachment 3631 Well my Hella 500ff lights took a crap. Wanted to change the bulbs but couldn't get the screws loosened up. Plus the reflector on one of them was flaking.
I was doing some research and wanted the normal Rigid Industries Duallys. But the price was way too high for me. So I went and looked for cheaper routes. From my research I was told to look for Cree LED bulbs. Went to Autozone and Advanced and didn't find anything too amazing.
Went across the street to Tractor Supply Center (TSC) and looked around there. They have a brand of stuff called Traveller. Well they had these work lights which produce a flood beam pattern. For $82 I got two 5" Round HD work lights. They seem constructed very well and mount is pretty solid.
Got home spliced up some wires and put stuff together. It got dark out and finally got to test them! They work excellent so far!! They produce a lot of light in a flood pattern. Perfect for what I was looking for.
So if you are in the market and don't want to break your bank check these out! I would recommend them for sure. They also make light bars and square versions of these lights. If I remember I will update this thread and let you know how the work over time.
i just ordered a new roof rack..and i'm trying to find some decent lights..are they real bright?..still happy with them?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

i just ordered a new roof rack..and i'm trying to find some decent lights..are they real bright?..still happy with them?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
These are very bright! I do really like them. Now for use on your roof rack I probably wouldn't get the flood beam like I did. You would blind yourself in a hurry. These things shoot light everywhere! Tractor supply does sell a spot beam and a spot/flood light bar for cheap. They use Cree leds which are great quality. I never once had an issue with my lights. I even submerged them in water and still nothing wrong. So I do recommend them! I can't wait to hook them up for my backup/scene lights.