Contributor III

Corpus Christi, TX, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Aumiller
Service Branch
Navy
There are several rubberized military surplus rucks and day packs for sale online or eBay that can be used for dry storage on your spare/ ladder/ tailgate, or as a trash bag.
Usually high quality products.
Lots of options with or without extra pockets.

Just something to consider.

Attachments

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
If I hadn't picked up the NAPA bag on sale I would go with one of those surplus bags. Seen a couple of rigs with them.

SpikeMD

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Granite Bay, CA
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Speicher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WJ6SPK
I have gone through at least 4 Trasharoos over the years. They just dont stay up and get shredded all the time. I now have a GARB, made in Canada. Definiely more expensive, but much better design and more robust. You can leave the mounting straps on the tire and then just attach the bag when you are ready to go. So much easier. Plus you can attach Maxtrax to the lid. Convenient for storage but it doen make it a little harder to get to the trash. Overall, much better.

NB Expeditions G.A.R.B. 2.0 - Overland Pros

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

I have a Trasharoo that I use regularly and have few complaints with. Except, I stuck my dirty round point shovel, shovel-end down, inside the bag once on a trip and now there's a hole in the bottom where the tip of the shovel wore through. Not awesome, but, not exactly the end of the world, either.

If it rips apart bad enough, I'll get something a bit more quality.

Reactions: DMS1

A.K. Forister

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Amy
Last Name
Forister
Member #

X2 on the G.A.R.B from NBX. You adjust the straps once and the bag stays. No sagging or slipping no matter how many times you put it on or take it off. And it's so well made. More expensive but the design and quality are top notch.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
We are still using a trasharoo I purchased years ago. I coat it with Nikwax often and added cinch strap buckles. It looks old and worn out, but it still works well. If and when it ever wears out I’ll replace it with another. I think the key is to keep it nikwaxed.

Reactions: velo47 and DMS1

Zeke

Rank II

Enthusiast I

DFW
First Name
Ramey
Last Name
Burke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5GVZ
We are still using a trasharoo I purchased years ago. I coat it with Nikwax often and added cinch strap buckles. It looks old and worn out, but it still works well. If and when it ever wears out I’ll replace it with another. I think the key is to keep it nikwaxed.
Good tip on the nikwax. The thing I worry about is UV protection. Looks like this provides some Tent and Gear Cleaner

Reactions: MOAK and velo47