Cancelled Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail

• HTML tutorial

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Sorry, the Rally Point has them. September 25-28/29. We will be heading home the 29th. Meeting the morning of the 25th.

Kutthroat_King

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

McHenry, IL, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Northam
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9NPZ
Just joined and we were talking about running this in the Fall. We're going to look at the timing and see if late September works for us. We'd be camping with 2 dogs.

Last edited:
Reactions: toxicity_27

Kutthroat_King

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

McHenry, IL, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Northam
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9NPZ
We're running up to Keweenaw event the 12-15th so we can't squeeze the TWAT ride in due to having to juggle other commitments. We're still going to hit it this Fall at some point.

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

We did it a few years ago 2up on my KTM. South part of the state was nice, the farther north got sandy and whooped out. We had problems with closed roads and bad GPS route, I’m sure that is better now. We bailed half way because of the sand. Then headed up to the Mac bridge and finished with the Circle Tour.

Todd

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

I’d like to come out. Still finishing some things up on my truck but if I get it done, I’d say I can make it. It’ll probably be my first trip, I’m new to overlanding.

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I’d like to come out. Still finishing some things up on my truck but if I get it done, I’d say I can make it. It’ll probably be my first trip, I’m new to overlanding.
You're about this first or second the might come. Hoping to get some solid confirmations in the next few weeks otherwise we might have to cancel.

Snowflake

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Minneapolis, MN, USA
First Name
Mookioe
Last Name
Tierney
I should have checked rally point first... I just posted in the MN forum about doing this but the abbreviating and doing the middle to the top portion of it instead of the whole thing and doing it from a Thursday night-Sunday morning to avoid too much time off for folks who are working M-F 9-5. Just a note that the Chequamagon Forest has some serious construction happening this year due to the Mid July storms that caused tons of downed trees and flooding across the forest. The USFS has a map that is being updated fairly regularly. Bring a chainsaw!

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

You're about this first or second the might come. Hoping to get some solid confirmations in the next few weeks otherwise we might have to cancel.
I'm very interested in this. There might be more people in the "wait and see" mode. I would need to plan around getting to the start point and getting home from the end point. It's about 3 hours from MKE to the start point and 6-7 hours back from the end point. Any more information you can give about what time we will be starting and finishing would help with the planning.

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I'm very interested in this. There might be more people in the "wait and see" mode. I would need to plan around getting to the start point and getting home from the end point. It's about 3 hours from MKE to the start point and 6-7 hours back from the end point. Any more information you can give about what time we will be starting and finishing would help with the planning.
I haven't planned out the specific times yet, but on the Rally Point I think I have us meeting at about 8 or 9 am, and planning to end that Saturday evening. I'm going to need to get an official count soon, otherwise my wife and I will probably be making other plans since that's the week of our anniversary.

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Unfortunately I had to cancel the event. My wife came up with other plans for us for that week. Hopefully we can try to do this next year.