Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre Fl
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Passenier
Member #

Hey Everyone! Thanks for your interest in this route over the years. Many of you have run and enjoyed it! We have some HUGE things coming in 2021 that I'm excited to share about soon. In the meantime... If you have run the route Id love for you to post pictures and any thoughts you had on your experience!

Hope everyone is well. Merry Christmas!
you have the new route? I wouldn't mind looking at it and see what you have since I have the old route.

Brutus

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mobile, Alabama
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Bell
Member #

@Sunshine State ADVCo. Can I please get a copy of the route that you guys took? I have been to Eglin and Blackwater many times. I actually went to Eglin this past Saturday and had a great time. Thank you for putting a route together.

Dano70

Rank 0

Contributor I

Tampa Bay, Florida, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
C
Just finished the Georgia traverse and was looking for something a little closer to home and saw your discussion on the panhandle route. I be been up there many times along the appalachicola coast and St Mark’s area but would love to do the route that you posted. Do you have a file to share?

Enthusiast III

Florida
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Birkmire
Member #

Just finished the Georgia traverse and was looking for something a little closer to home and saw your discussion on the panhandle route. I be been up there many times along the appalachicola coast and St Mark’s area but would love to do the route that you posted. Do you have a file to share?

Yep! I just replied to your message. You should have everything you need

Enthusiast III

Florida
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Birkmire
Member #

Caught up on all the PM's sorry for the delays. Hope everyone is having fun on this route. Spent some time today working on our full Florida route. We are getting closer each month to finishing it.

Contributor III

Miami, Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States
First Name
Lino
Last Name
Cappelli
Member #

We just wrapped up a truly epic adventure that has been a long time coming for our little crew. Some of you may know that I have been working to create a trail that would connect many of the great state forests and WMA's in the state of Florida. For the past 4 days, we explored some new areas that I have never been to before and confirmed the route from Apalachicola through Eglin and into and through Blackwater. This was a great overland trip. It was made up of mostly Florida Dirt roads and backcountry paved scenic routes and is just a small portion of the overall project. The goal was to create a route that was family-friendly, full of great things to see and primitive camping sites with some areas that can raise the adrenaline a bit but also have a bypass for stock rigs. Unfortunately my rig blew a head gasket right before this trip so I rode along with a buddy of mine in our group. This really allowed me to focus on navigating and taking way more pictures and videos than if it had lead it while driving.

I will sit down over the next few days to finalize the route based on some trail closures we found etc. Not sure how I'm going to share this finalized route just yet but I will be sharing here soon. In the meantime. Enjoy some pictures!

View attachment 130682View attachment 130683View attachment 130684View attachment 130686View attachment 130687View attachment 130691View attachment 130692View attachment 130694View attachment 130695View attachment 130697
This is something I have tried to do myself a couple of times but never figured out the logistics of it.
Did you ever finalize the route?

Reactions: Viking1204

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
This is something I have tried to do myself a couple of times but never figured out the logistics of it.
Did you ever finalize the route?
I'll second that, Eglin is practically in my backyard, go fishing there quite quite a bit and worked on it back in the 90's!

Enthusiast III

Florida
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Birkmire
Member #

For the better part of 6 years I have been working to build the Florida Adventure Trial. The goal was to give Florida its own adventure trail. Im done building it. I couldn't be more excited to release this in November for everyone to enjoy. I made a video talking all about it. Check it out:

Agards1011

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sarasota, FL, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Gardner
Member #

Super excited to check this out. I just posted about the GA Adventure Trail. Will have to see if these end up connecting for a long adventure trip from S. FL to Blue Ridge Mts. thanks for putting this together,

EDIT: Watching now and it appears to connect. Super interested!

jerdog53

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Mobile Alabama
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Moran
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0ZDX

Would be the place

Reactions: Brutus