Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

Looks like a pretty fun trail! How many permitted areas does it pass through? From what I understand Elgin requires some sort of permit, but I've never been so I don't know the ins and outs of it

Reactions: Brutus

SpeakEazy

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Panama City, FL, USA
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Speaks
Member #

Looks like a great trip. A buddy and I are going to ride around the national park by Camel Lake (Great camp site. Have to reserve your spot online. Totally worth it I promise!) area tomorrow (5/30/2020). Nothing wild, I've never been on to try and break my stuff. I dont have that type of money haha. Just cruise and enjoy being out with nature. Hopefully we'll be able to get some great views. If not, I just enjoy being on the trail.

Enthusiast III

Florida
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Birkmire
Member #

Hey everyone! Work has been CRAZY due to covid and I haven't been able to get caught up on much of the Sunshine State stuff. Even my engine swap in my rig has been on hold. If you want the GPX files shoot me a message and Ill get you what you need. As always - get busy living.

Reactions: gonzoy5

Enthusiast III

Florida
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Birkmire
Member #

Reactions: Brutus and gonzoy5

TheBeardedSam

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Norman Park, GA
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4OSP
If you had to extend this trail eastward, would you rather see it head southeast and end up on Daytona Beach? Or northeast through Osceola and end in Jax?

Enthusiast III

Florida
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Birkmire
Member #

If you had to extend this trail eastward, would you rather see it head southeast and end up on Daytona Beach? Or northeast through Osceola and end in Jax?
I have two routes that are almost done that do both of those. I have a third that goes south on the west coast through all the best offroad areas and then loops back west up through ONF and up into Osceola to connect into the Georgia Adventure Trail. It should be officially completed in 6 months or so.

Enthusiast III

Florida
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Birkmire
Member #

If you have something you are working on let me know! Id love to see it. - also - I'm always looking for help scouting new routes etc. I don't have time to scout all the stuff I am working on all the time haha That's why this stuff takes so long.

TheBeardedSam

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Norman Park, GA
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4OSP
If you have something you are working on let me know! Id love to see it. - also - I'm always looking for help scouting new routes etc. I don't have time to scout all the stuff I am working on all the time haha That's why this stuff takes so long.
For sure. LJ is getting a lift and tires this mo tj (after 11 years running stock). But the 100 Series is ready to role. I’d like to help.

Agards1011

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sarasota, FL, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Gardner
Member #

Watching this thread. Would LOVE a way to get the family out on some adventures. Not much around Sarasota unfortunately l...

Enthusiast III

Florida
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Birkmire
Member #

For sure. LJ is getting a lift and tires this mo tj (after 11 years running stock). But the 100 Series is ready to role. I’d like to help.
If you are on Instagram shoot me a message over at sunshinestate_adventureco that is the best way to get in touch with me and sync up on some stuff. We also do a small group ride about once every couple of months. I normally pick three followers of the account to join us who want to come. Its been a while since I posted on there due to work and my wife's business but we are about to get stuff back up and running.

Enthusiast III

Florida
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Birkmire
Member #

We just got a Facebook Group started for trail rides, trip planning etc.

I hope you will join us

Enthusiast III

Florida
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Birkmire
Member #

Hey Everyone! Thanks for your interest in this route over the years. Many of you have run and enjoyed it! We have some HUGE things coming in 2021 that I'm excited to share about soon. In the meantime... If you have run the route Id love for you to post pictures and any thoughts you had on your experience!

Hope everyone is well. Merry Christmas!

Reactions: Brutus

Wildlee

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre Fl
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Passenier
Member #

Looks like a pretty fun trail! How many permitted areas does it pass through? From what I understand Elgin requires some sort of permit, but I've never been so I don't know the ins and outs of it
Yes eglin range does require a permit. Super easy to get. Www.Eglin.isportsman.net I travel on the range on a weekly basis.