• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Florida
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Birkmire
Member #

We just wrapped up a truly epic adventure that has been a long time coming for our little crew. Some of you may know that I have been working to create a trail that would connect many of the great state forests and WMA's in the state of Florida. For the past 4 days, we explored some new areas that I have never been to before and confirmed the route from Apalachicola through Eglin and into and through Blackwater. This was a great overland trip. It was made up of mostly Florida Dirt roads and backcountry paved scenic routes and is just a small portion of the overall project. The goal was to create a route that was family-friendly, full of great things to see and primitive camping sites with some areas that can raise the adrenaline a bit but also have a bypass for stock rigs. Unfortunately my rig blew a head gasket right before this trip so I rode along with a buddy of mine in our group. This really allowed me to focus on navigating and taking way more pictures and videos than if it had lead it while driving.

I will sit down over the next few days to finalize the route based on some trail closures we found etc. Not sure how I'm going to share this finalized route just yet but I will be sharing here soon. In the meantime. Enjoy some pictures!

2D1C7501-2C1C-4DB0-8262-8CEB8E05EBC2.jpgD90B7AA5-4076-465D-9131-3B06DBF6AC8A.jpgDA643BD2-178E-4078-97EA-CFD8ADF67249.jpg000187CE-EB55-419E-B38B-2718083A0BC0.jpgIMG_0186.JPGIMG_0133.JPGIMG_5975.JPGIMG_0131.JPG2C2D8712-E104-48A0-B90B-479CE644EA36.jpgIMG_5800.JPG

Attachments

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Not sure how I'm going to share this finalized route just yet but I will be sharing here soon. In the meantime. Enjoy some pictures!

You might want to check out Appalachian Byway for ideas on route presentation. @hmboverland on insta is the guy who developed the Byway route and maps.

Awesome job, man, compiling that route across!

Enthusiast III

Florida
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Birkmire
Member #

The official route has just been on the backburner. its a ton of work to finalize this stuff. haha
However, If you would like the recorded track I can send that to you. Shoot me a message Or a DM at SunshineState_AdventureCo on Instagram or through here. TBH since I want to protect these spaces I will be asking to check out your FB or Instagram pages etc. to ensure that you are the type of overlander that treads lightly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Billiebob

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
What do you mean by tread lightly? I ask because you won't find much Overland related on either my Facebook or Instagram pages, I tend to not share a lot.