Contributor I

Idaho Falls, Idaho
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Sperry
Member #

Greetings all!

I will be attending a conference at Sugarloaf in Maine this summer and may drive my Jeep out from Idaho. I would like to hit some trails and see some of the North East while I am up there. Are there any suggestions on trails or places to visit?

Thanks
Dan

Luke VC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jefferson, NY
First Name
Luke
Last Name
VanCleef
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2LVC
not sure of your route but if you go thru NY I know quite a few nice seasonal roads (nothing too challenging ) ...Schoharie county area ...beautiful area to see .

Luke VC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jefferson, NY
First Name
Luke
Last Name
VanCleef
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2LVC
ny state land camp any where 150 from a water source or road (tough with a rig ) and any camp here marker ... there are a few in the burnt rossman hills state land

Reactions: Yankeewoodsman

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
There’s some nice class 6 roads in New Hampshire aswell and some beautiful gravel type forest roads in northern New Hampshire towards the Maine boarder

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Greetings all!

I will be attending a conference at Sugarloaf in Maine this summer and may drive my Jeep out from Idaho. I would like to hit some trails and see some of the North East while I am up there. Are there any suggestions on trails or places to visit?

Thanks
Dan
Moose River Plains in the Adirondacks in New York, I would say take the ferry from Essex, NY to Charlotte, VT and check out the Lincoln Pass and then head to the White Mts in NH on your way to ME. I can help you with Campsites in NY and @Team Harrington may be able to help you with spots the rest of the way.

Hank

Reactions: Timberdan

Johanny

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Central Islip, NY, USA
First Name
Johanny
Last Name
Fuentes
Member #

not sure of your route but if you go thru NY I know quite a few nice seasonal roads (nothing too challenging ) ...Schoharie county area ...beautiful area to see .
I would like to know more about this like location please im from Long island we really don’t have much here

justjames

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Member #

Just saw this so hope it helps. There are miles of logging roads in the area so here's a few starters. From Sugarloaf, if you want to continue further northeast, go north on 16 through Eustis and continue north on Hwy 27 to King and Bartlett Road which turns right or east. From there you can work your way on dirt to Pittston Farm. Just north of Pittston Farm is the Golden Road which is a major logging thoroughfare/super highway but is all dirt. Many miles of dirt to be found, just remember, these roads are owned by the logging companies and the logging trucks have the right of way.

If you're wanting to head westernly from Sugarloaf, again go north thru Eustis and look for Tim Pond road. It turns left and will take you into northern NH. Look for a connection onto the Parmacheenee Road and stop for lunch at Bose Buck Mountain Camps. After that you're not far from McGalloway Rd which goes to the Pittsburg area and there are more dead-end logging roads leading north to the border.

All of the locations I've mentioned are searchable on Google maps and you can spend days wandering the area.