Toyota Tundra Registry

• HTML tutorial

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

I'm all messed up on attaching pics from my phone..sooo.. 2016 SR5 double cab.. bought used a little over a year ago with 21k on it.. Now has just under 36k. I've added 275/70/18 ST Maxx, American Outlaw "Hollywood" wheels, Bilstein 5100's front and rear, LineX'd the bed, front and rear bumper ends and grille {I hate chrome}, added a DECKED drawer system about 2 months ago, bought a RAM mount for my cell phone {nothing big really}, Tyger side step bars, Husky floor mats front and rear and a set of Vent shades. I'm in the beginning stages of designing a frame shell for the bed to have a canvas type topper similar to a CanBak. Or getting a Softopper and possibly adding an exoskeleton{?}..

Plisken

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Shields
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0GZI
Service Branch
US Army
My 2012 4.6L DC is still almost a stock base package truck. I've added window vent visors, WeatherGuard mats, Bull Hide bed liner, and my HAM radios. It has been great for general forest service roads and up to intermediate offroad trails, and even a few ATV trails (no laws were broken) in Colorado. Some of our forest service roads can get pretty gnarly at times and water crossings are always possible and this truck has been great. That said, my family is looking to get a lot farther afield now so the build up begins.
2012-Tundra-DC.jpg

Reactions: Scout

Megadoomer

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

N32°55'31.94",W117°05'20.21"
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Rossi
Member #

When I was a Field Surveyor my last work truck was a 2011 5.7 double cab. I got it with 230 miles and 3 years later it had 110,000. I basically had 1 day overland trips every day and put it in 4wd 2-3 times a week. Loved that truck. Only knock is fuel range and small brakes.

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Plisken

Plisken

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Shields
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0GZI
Service Branch
US Army
Great thread! We need to get more tundras out there on the road!

2016 crew max with a few mods./QUOTE]

I don't suppose you have any photos of your rig with the tent set up? While I'm at it is there someplace with the specs on your mods? My build recently began...

Plisken

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Shields
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0GZI
Service Branch
US Army
Really, the only thing going I dislike about my Tundra is the "bucket of no return"...that well below the wipers that holds leaves, snow, about 15 gallons of water that freezes solid in winter. It is just the dumbest thing ever. Apparently in Texas there is no weather (or wherever the Tundra is designed).
20180311_135736.jpg

Reactions: Scout

carlospalooza

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

NE Los Angeles
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

Porschetech29

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Walnut, CA
First Name
Francis
Last Name
Manuel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6TCQ
Where did you mount your second battery? Can you include pics of the second batter and dual battery set up? Nice rig btw. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Thanks for the compliment. Both of my auxiliary batteries are mounted in the bed. I pieced the setup together myself. Power is fed to the aux batteries via a Battery Dr. isolator and 1/0 gauge cable. The batteries consist of two 95 Ah AGM
units.
EFE4FCFB-0172-418F-99EF-18746D676A32.jpeg
6B591F5B-AE59-4055-B8E2-E6B8106CE9F8.jpeg

carlospalooza

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

NE Los Angeles
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

Thanks for the pics. I was looking for a place to mount somewhere other than the bed since I have a topper and use the bed for camping. Your set up looks clean though. Wires look well managed. I’m thinking under the bed so I’m in search of a battery box or mount that will work with this type of application.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

CFTAdventures

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Falling Waters, WV
Member #

Got to take a look at Expedition Overland’s tundra at Expo West and they used a Washer Fluid relocation kit to put the second battery under the hood.

Seen a few kits online for battery trays under the bed. Tucks the battery pretty far into the tray.

ExpeditionDriven

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

I was looking for a tundra thread and am pumped to have found one. I have a 2003 Toyota Tundra SR5. It's got a 3" leveling kit (dont recommend it) and 33" Nitto Terra grapplers. Not a ton of mods yet but there are tons of plans, oh how there are plans. However, my PO's keep getting rejected by the wife. I am planning on beginning a drawer platform build this weekend though.

There is a picture of the truck when I bought it in Yuma, AZ and a picture of it as it looks now in Spring Hill, TN.
Tundra_Pic01.JPG
Tundra Pic 3.31.18.jpg

Reactions: jscusmcvet