Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Totally enjoyed meeting everyone, seeing their rigs and hearing about some of their adventures and plans. It was well worth standing around in the cold!

Stew from Newmarket

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Grammin

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Toronto
Hi Guys,

Had a great time, apart from the morning chill.

Wish I could have had more done to my vehicle. (LR4)

Still, nice to see the range of vehicles on show and great to meet everyone.

Cheers!

Graham and Evan

k_dipietro

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Kris
Last Name
D
Member #

Hey All!

I think I speak for the group saying that last weekend was a a great time! I know a lot of us have expressed interest in a second meet up, and I know I like to see the progress you guys make on your rigs!
I'd like to suggest another Bass Pro Saturday Morning Meet in April perhaps a month from now. How does the 20th or the 27th work for everyone?

I believe the crown land trails officially open May 1st, but I know my Jeep club usually waits until May 24th as the soft opening to give the ground enough time to thaw.
With that, how would you guys feel about having that Rally Point somewhere along a trail in the beginning of June? Maybe 10-20 rigs tops depending on the space we can find thats open enough for us to park safely and not block the trail.

Can anyone can suggest such a trail, with easy to moderate difficulty so stock vehicles can come out, and with a large enough clearing for a lunch cookout, or something of the sorts?

Please let me know, what works for both events and I can try to make the Rally Point events if that works for everyone. :)

Thanks!

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

April 20 & 27 are both good for me. I see that April 20 is Easter Weekend though so it might not be good for some.

As for a rally point, it might be a bit out of the way for some but The Old Nipissing Colonization Road might be something to consider. We did the south parts of it last summer and plan to go back for parts we missed. We did the trail portion south of Hwy 518 / Seguin Falls and couldn't make it down to Rosseau. The section north to Magnetawan which was a nice route. We want to get north of there up to the Commanda area this year.

Here's a great thread by OB member "Ontario Overland" that provides a lot of good details.

Wolf427

Rank III

Contributor III

Halton Hills, ON, Canada
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Mancini
Hey All!

I think I speak for the group saying that last weekend was a a great time! I know a lot of us have expressed interest in a second meet up, and I know I like to see the progress you guys make on your rigs!
I'd like to suggest another Bass Pro Saturday Morning Meet in April perhaps a month from now. How does the 20th or the 27th work for everyone?

I believe the crown land trails officially open May 1st, but I know my Jeep club usually waits until May 24th as the soft opening to give the ground enough time to thaw.
With that, how would you guys feel about having that Rally Point somewhere along a trail in the beginning of June? Maybe 10-20 rigs tops depending on the space we can find thats open enough for us to park safely and not block the trail.

Can anyone can suggest such a trail, with easy to moderate difficulty so stock vehicles can come out, and with a large enough clearing for a lunch cookout, or something of the sorts?

Please let me know, what works for both events and I can try to make the Rally Point events if that works for everyone. :)

Thanks!
Another meetup sounds good to me! What jeep club are you in?

Swift Rapids might be a decent trail. Its just a road through crown land with some trails that split off, and areas to camp. I've only been up once, so maybe others with more knowledge of that area can be of more help.

Migu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Toronto, Canada
Member #

Another meetup sounds good to me! What jeep club are you in?

Swift Rapids might be a decent trail. Its just a road through crown land with some trails that split off, and areas to camp. I've only been up once, so maybe others with more knowledge of that area can be of more help.
Great idea to do a group run! I would caution about Swift Rapids that it may be too short/small to accomodate a decent sized group (judging based on the turnout last weekend).

Perhaps consider the larger trail systems in Minden/Bobcaygeon? Well-established GPS tracks that most clubs have access to, many kilometers in varying levels of difficulty, close enough to the GTA (as is Swift).

If looking to do overnight I'd go so far as to recommend heading to North Frontenac Parklands or Halliburton Highlands.