Too much free time or addict?

• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

i just realized I passed the 1000 post mark... Any other people just love this forum and the people in it? Honestly I've never been a mod on another forum or got a post count above 300 or so before I lost interest.

Also!!! Welcome @Steve to the moderator staff!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
i just realized I passed the 1000 post mark... Any other people just love this forum and the people in it? Honestly I've never been a mod on another forum or got a post count above 300 or so before I lost interest.

Also!!! Welcome @Steve to the moderator staff!
Addict. Definitely an addict! :tonguewink:

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one. Sometimes I notice I reply.....alot.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
This is one of the few forums where people can post and ask questions without the fear of ridicule. Adding @Steve as a moderator will only enhance the community even further. Keep up the good work. I've moderated a couple forums before, and it can be challenging at times. So far on this forum, it appears most people are self moderated. Which really makes this community a lot more enjoyable to participate in.

Reactions: stoney126 and Steve

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

This is one of the few forums where people can post and ask questions without the fear of ridicule. Adding @Steve as a moderator will only enhance the community even further. Keep up the good work. I've moderated a couple forums before, and it can be challenging at times. So far on this forum, it appears most people are self moderated. Which really makes this community a lot more enjoyable to participate in.
Thank you very much for the kind words, Shawn! I'm humbled that @administrator asked me. I've moderated on various forums/mailing lists over the last 14 years or so, and have administrated a couple. It is rewarding and challenging both. This is a new forum software for me, but i've ben a user on XenForo software for a while, and have read through the software's moderator manual (yes, I RTFM :wink:) and it isn't too different than what I've used before.

As for forum participation, I have a long history of diving deeply into any interest I accumulate. Back in the early-'80s I was on CompuServe using their groups, and the Cleveland FreeNet before the WWWs came along. Each time, I get totally absorbed into my current obsession. My longest continuous participation is a Subaru WRX forum I joined in 2002 and still moderate. I've been running my local British car club's site since 2000.

So far, this place self-moderates with the best of them, and hopefully you won't even notice I've got the new job.

Thanks again,
Steve

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

Congrats Steve. I'll try to behave......

Actually, I have very LITTLE free time, and with mowing season coming will have even less. I wish I could read through this place more, but I usually have to run off before I can catch up.

Which might explain a lot............

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Congrats Steve. I'll try to behave......

Actually, I have very LITTLE free time, and with mowing season coming will have even less. I wish I could read through this place more, but I usually have to run off before I can catch up.

Which might explain a lot............

I work for John Deere selling their lawn equipment, Stihl and Exmark equipment also. I feel your pain about mowing season!!

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

I have to agree that this site is addicting...the people here are top notch. As some of you know, I am sort of an anti tech guy (ie; no cell phone, no gaming system, no social networking sites, etc.). Until I found this site I only used my laptop to download maps, find places to adventure, email family, and buy gear. I was online, maybe, 3 hours a week... THEN...I stumbled upon OB...Now I'm on this damn thing everyday, LOL!!!

Yes, I say, "sort of "anti tech"...I do use handheld GPS units along with maps and compass and of course mobile radio gear. I still hand write letters, make my own Christmas cards, shoot with film, etc. My life seems so much more stress free than my family and friends lives.

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

That is pretty cool. I have a cabin in the middle of 30 acres of woods that is my "tech escape". No power, no running water.

I've also gone mostly acoustic musically although I have kept the Les Paul and ES-339 and Boogie for now.

I notice when we're at the cabin in the woods, your mood changes almost instantly, and you start having conversation. It's like camping, but your shower (and toilet) is only a mile away.

Reactions: ShawnR