Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
We’ve used several different kinds over the years. This model from Cleanwaste is easy to pack and has been with us for going on 7 years.
I came here to say that. We have been using the PETT (now CleanWaste) for many years.
We dig a small hole under it and remove the net for the ladies to have a place to pee without using up a bag. If you buy the bags in bulk they are much cheaper.

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

We’ve used several different kinds over the years. This model from Cleanwaste is easy to pack and has been with us for going on 7 years.
View attachment 231086
I’m also rocking the Cleanwaste. I like that it packs down into a small rectangular case. I pair it with an inexpensive pop up privacy tent purchased on Amazon. Both take up very little space in the truck.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I use every roadside rest stop I find and I always camp within a short drive of one. I hate the thought of managing a toilet and refuse to use the ground. 66 years later it still works. Use gas stops, restaurants, road side pull outs.

• Haha
Reactions: danielserrao4

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I use every roadside rest stop I find and I always camp within a short drive of one. I hate the thought of managing a toilet and refuse to use the ground. 66 years later it still works. Use gas stops, restaurants, road side pull outs.
Man, you Overland differently than I do. My goal is to be as far as from civilization and people as possible. If I'm within "emergency restroom situation" drive of an established restroom I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too close to society...

-TJ

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Man, you Overland differently than I do. My goal is to be as far as from civilization and people as possible. If I'm within "emergency restroom situation" drive of an established restroom I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too close to society...

-TJ
He sure does, wow! We’re good for 11 days away from societal conveniences at a time. Then we have to find water, food, & petrol. Used to be a blue bucket, trash can liner, and a box of lime. Before that? A shovel, some leaves and a good pair of scissors ! LOL

Reactions: Ubiety and tjZ06

walkabout_ca

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Bay Area, California, USA
First Name
Gwendolyn
Last Name
vdL
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6YFJ
Bucket with gamma seal, homemade seat, trash bag and peat moss for #2 and pee funnel & bottle for #1. Peat moss works very well if you can keep it dry. No chemicals, and cheap.

Reactions: Desert Runner

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

I used toilet-to-go bags. They are expensive but no odor
Anyone find something similar to this product ?
Amazon sells them 45 bucks for 12. Its like 4 bucks per "have to go" x by 4 people it's 16 bucks per day at least just for restroom.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I used toilet-to-go bags. They are expensive but no odor
Anyone find something similar to this product ?
Amazon sells them 45 bucks for 12. Its like 4 bucks per "have to go" x by 4 people it's 16 bucks per day at least just for restroom.
Last time I purchased I got some of these (wag bag style) for about $2.50 apiece in quantity, but that was pre-inflation/recession, they are a bit more now. The key, for wag bags at least, is to order in quantity to get a price break. Tried looking up "toilet-to-go bags" specifically but did not find anything in the 2.5 seconds that I looked ;) Assume they are about the same things as wag bags.

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

• Haha
Reactions: Ubiety

Old Tanker

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Reimer
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I think this is a masterpiece of simplicity, but shorter folks riding 40 inch tires may need a stool! Doh

That could work quite well combined with a roof rack privacy tube.