Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Thanks for sharing the opportunity with us!

flyanddrive

Rank V

Enthusiast I

Riverdale, Utah, United States
First Name
Dane
Last Name
Mortensen
Member #

This trip is definitely on my to do list in the next year or two but two weeks? That's going to be like 500mi a day is it not?
A little over 400/day according to my calculations for 15 days. That is why I plan on going far and fast on the way up looking for points of interest and then taking a bit more time coming back down. I would love to take more time but that is all I can get right now.

LostWoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

Yeah I guess you are saving a fair bit starting outside SLC. I think when I planned that trip I had even more added running up through CA instead of UT.

I think you've got the right idea to go hard while you're still fresh. We had planned a 3-week doing the same and figured staying in hotels on the way up where available could get us to Tuk in 5 days assuming the weather cooperated. You could shave a day off that with your head start but bad weather in the north can quickly make the Dempster a slog. June, July, and August is their rainy season so I'd do what you can to leave slack there.

Reactions: Desmo900

flyanddrive

Rank V

Enthusiast I

Riverdale, Utah, United States
First Name
Dane
Last Name
Mortensen
Member #

Have you planned border crossings and costs yet? We might be interested in the adventure.
I am crossing the border at Roosville which is north of Kalispell, Montana. Costs are being kept down by camping most nights at improved campgrounds so not free but not hotel expensive either. There will be a couple of hotel nights for me just for sanity sake. Meals will be a lot of camp cooking but I tend to get lazy and dine out if it is convenient too. Obviously gas will be the biggest expense.

Reactions: SongDogOverland

SongDogOverland

Rank V

Trail Mechanic II

Tucson, Arizona, United States
First Name
Terri
Last Name
Walters
Member #

Have you planned border crossings and costs yet? We might be interested in the adventure.
I am crossing the border at Roosville which is north of Kalispell, Montana. Costs are being kept down by camping most nights at improved campgrounds so not free but not hotel expensive either. There will be a couple of hotel nights for me just for sanity sake. Meals will be a lot of camp cooking but I tend to get lazy and dine out if it is convenient too. Obviously gas will be the biggest expense.
Thought you might cross in Idaho north of Bonners Ferry. We are coming from Oregon

Tom Cryer

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Tom
Last Name
Cryer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KEOJQH
I am interested, I like a lot of the ideas here. I could easily take the time to meet up with you. I'm in Denver, CO.

Reactions: SongDogOverland