Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV

There was some separate discussion on a thread here about the benefits and drawbacks of the sway bar.

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
I've have been reading a lot about this myself mostly in the FJ forum. Pro's with solid axle more articulation, IFS a little more. Cons
On road driving danger in an already high center of grav vehicle, IFS increase in droop with increase risk of pulling a half shaft unless you use limit straps.
And the only good ones for my truck are from Australia and they are sliding links, still waiting on a return E-mail on price with shipping. They are good for most IFS Toyota.

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Yea, it's a case by case basis. My Xterra has excellent road manners, for a lifted SUV, without sway bars. And I know better than to drive it like a car. They've been off for years. Plus I have droop stops that keep me from pulling a half shaft out. I was just scheming with @SLO Robert about fabbing up some disco's for him.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I drive an 80, no need to disconnect.. I DID drive my share of jeeps and there is definitely a need to disconnect while off pavement. . After the trail, when you're back on pavement, reconnect. Some guys don't reconnect and think everything is fine, they think they can adjust their driving habits accordingly, untill some one pulls out right smack in front of you while doing 55 and in order to keep from T-boning them you make a very quick left, then right to get back in your lane. With the sway bar disconnected? Forget it, you're gonna roll..

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign