Enthusiast II

White Rock, BC, Canada
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Rissanen
Member #

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on tires for my 2016 toyota tundra crewmax. I'm in Vancouver BC and it's the law here to have winter tires to cross any of the passes etc. I thought if I'm going to spend the money on winters maybe there is a good tire thats beefy enough that I could invest in for all year use.

I'm just changing my rig up a bit...started with a tent, then a roof top tent...now I'm just and working on a small camperette for my truck. I'm super excited about this because I'll be able to roll all year long even in the winter.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. There is some much info out there I am a bit confused. What I have on the truck now are the stock P275/65R18 Michelin tires
Thanks!

John D.

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

LOL I'm a little late but I was also going to suggest BFG's. The AT's are best for snow though a lot of guys go with the mudders. Mudders having a softer rubber don't last as long.

Reactions: Rizzo

Tjbravo123

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

It really depends on how your rig is set up and how extreme of terrain your tackling, I my self have a jeep wrangler with cooper discoverer AT3 which are cheap. Also the bfg KO the original one has plenty of grip for your money and if you could find general grabbers at2 that is also good for price.
Anything that has been replaced on the market with a new version but has been the best for a while is your best option in my opinion.

Sent from my STV100-1 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Rizzo and John D.

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

I have the Duratrax on the Jeep YJ. Love them. And I bought ST Maxx's for the Tundra. I'll let ya know my thoughts come Spring time. Although that'll be a little late.

NOMAD5326

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Late to this party but just for reference the Falken Wildpeak AT3W's are severe snow rated as well and are a great on/off road tire w/excellent performance. A little cheaper than the BFG's but the BFG's are I think the top dog regardless. Cheers.

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

GoodYear DuraTracs on our Expedition. They have been fantastic in the snow and rain. Very impressed. A little more howl than the Toyo Open Country A/Ts on my F150, but I think the DuraTracs are a bit more capable.

James

alaskan.lad

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Palmer, Alaska
First Name
Gabe
Last Name
Hurt
Member #

KO2 have proven themselves to me on Alaskan winter roads.

Grabber At2 are equivalent in performance with a nice price tag.

I’ll eventually go to duratracs when my Ko2’s wear out.