Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Arkansas, USA
First Name
JR
Last Name
M
Member #

I have a current trailer that I would like to remove the axle from and use the Timbren Axle-Less trailer suspension system in its place.
My question is hubs and Toyota bolt pattern.
I have searched and cant really find any information on where or how to accomplish this.
I know several trailer makers are using the timbren system and providing them with hubs to match. Are they having the hubs machined? Are they available and I just cant find them?

Any thoughts or help appreciated.

Reactions: Timbren-Industries

Fish SmallWaters/Id10t

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Arkansas, USA
First Name
JR
Last Name
M
Member #

My local dealer has no Idea that they even existed yet he has a display model on his counter :disrelieved:. I will give Timbren a call Monday. Thanks

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

I am a Timbren dealer/installer.

The bolt pattern to match your Tundra DOES NOT EXIST in the trailer world. Your only hope is to get a set of spacer/adapters to go from the standard 5x5" or 5x5.5" bolt pattern to the Tundra 5x150mm bolt pattern.

Im going to assume you are running a fairly light offroad trailer with these part numbers:

I recommend using the Timbren "Tonne" line. They use 5" longer control arms which translates to a better ride and more wheel travel. They also use 3500lb spindles which are WAY beefier that 2000lb spindles and let you have more options with bolt patterns.
Timbren Axleless Suspension:
ASR1THDS02 - 2200lb w/ brake flange, offroad tires.
ASR1THDS03 - 2200lb w/ brake flange, offroad tires, 4" lift.

I prefer Dexter brand hubs/brake drums as well. you will want 3500lb/10" brake drums with the desired bolt pattern.
You will probably need 2" spacer/adapters(lug centric, not hub centric) to go from the 5 lug trailer pattern to the 5x150 pattern to be able to clear the trailer spindle and trailer frame with stock wheels. I dont use anything less than 5" BS wheels with the timbren system sing you only have ~7" from hub face to frame.

Fish SmallWaters/Id10t

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Arkansas, USA
First Name
JR
Last Name
M
Member #

I am a Timbren dealer/installer.

The bolt pattern to match your Tundra DOES NOT EXIST in the trailer world. Your only hope is to get a set of spacer/adapters to go from the standard 5x5" or 5x5.5" bolt pattern to the Tundra 5x150mm bolt pattern.

Im going to assume you are running a fairly light offroad trailer with these part numbers:

I recommend using the Timbren "Tonne" line. They use 5" longer control arms which translates to a better ride and more wheel travel. They also use 3500lb spindles which are WAY beefier that 2000lb spindles and let you have more options with bolt patterns.
Timbren Axleless Suspension:
ASR1THDS02 - 2200lb w/ brake flange, offroad tires.
ASR1THDS03 - 2200lb w/ brake flange, offroad tires, 4" lift.

I prefer Dexter brand hubs/brake drums as well. you will want 3500lb/10" brake drums with the desired bolt pattern.
You will probably need 2" spacer/adapters(lug centric, not hub centric) to go from the 5 lug trailer pattern to the 5x150 pattern to be able to clear the trailer spindle and trailer frame with stock wheels. I dont use anything less than 5" BS wheels with the timbren system sing you only have ~7" from hub face to frame.

Thank You

I spoke with Timbren and they specked the same thing. Well except the Dexter brakes. :) What are your thoughts on disks? I expected folks were probably using spacers which I have always frowned upon but like anything else in the right application they have their place. Are most folks using aluminum or steel spacers? Does it really matter considering how light the load is on the trailer?

Again Thank You.

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

Thank You

I spoke with Timbren and they specked the same thing. Well except the Dexter brakes. :) What are your thoughts on disks? I expected folks were probably using spacers which I have always frowned upon but like anything else in the right application they have their place. Are most folks using aluminum or steel spacers? Does it really matter considering how light the load is on the trailer?

Again Thank You.
Discs are awesome... when they work. They always seem to be a pain to keep adjusted and happy. They also require a lot more parts than a simple electric trailer brake. Plus if some part of them breaks(no pun intended)... they are hell to find parts for. The trailers are light enough that the regular drum brakes work fine.

If you want to fancy it up a bit... you can get the drum brakes with a parking brake built in.
Brakes by Dexter: K23-086-087-00
Lever/cable kit by Titan: T2385200

Unfortunately spacers are a necessary evil in this case. Aluminum spacers are fine. Check them after 50/100 miles and then every 5000 miles when you do a bearing service.