Fellow Jeeper

Rank V

Influencer II

Latrobe Pa
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Bobincheck
How do we send a request into the MD CHRIS for a video? With summer coming up and ticks here in the east are ever getting worse. I just had a reminder today. Could we get some info from him about care after the removal and watch for the dreaded lyme disease. 20190411_154856.jpeg

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

How do we send a request into the MD CHRIS for a video? With summer coming up and ticks here in the east are ever getting worse. I just had a reminder today. Could we get some info from him about care after the removal and watch for the dreaded lyme disease. View attachment 93134
Try posting this on his thread....here's the link

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

we've been pulling them off 1 of our dogs weekly.. Maybe 2-3 a week.. And they are treated..Good thing being, the ticks start to burrow and feed then die.. Easy to pick them off.. But I agree. I'm in sw NY and they've been bad here for over a month now. Our other dog hasn't gotten any yet..

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Back in the mid-1990's they actually had a human vaccine against Lyme disease. It went by the wayside, I believe due to lack of sales. Nobody thought seriously enough about it to get it.

So now, my dog has a Lyme vaccine and I cant get one.

Just remember, ticks dwell in grass and on low bush, and they cant jump like fleas. They catch onto your leg (or your dog's leg or belly)and climb up. For a tick to get up under your arm, it first had to climb up past *ahem* everything else to get there.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
.....and quit killing opossums. They have hair that's like velcro for ticks. Ticks can't bite them, and possums eat them. Only creature on earth that loves being covered in ticks.

If you get a tick, rip it off with pliers quickly. Never use lotion or a lighter. Those are olde wife tails. Lyme disease is in their guts, don't make them puke their guts out. Rip them off by the head. Then clean your wound well. You might get an infection, but that's better than lyme disease.

Other bad news. You already have all of the symptoms of lyme disease right now. By the time you realize that you aren't just feeling a little ''off'', you're in serious trouble.