Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Very disappointed to see Overland Bound members name calling. I thought we were better than that. This is a guy pointing out the disadvantages of a RRT. He disagrees with you. For that he gets called names? I joined this organization back when Michael and Corrie (two of the nicest people I have ever met) were just getting things off the ground. Let us be the community they had envisioned.
Did you read the article?
It seems to me like the guy hates everything about modified vehicles, everything else and everyone who does not agree with him and the only acceptable way is his way.

At least this is what I understood as a not native English speaking person.

Reactions: Gary Stevens

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

I did read the article. I do own a RRT and made the decision, as he points out, to sacrifice gas mileage. I am glad he points that out to someone who hasn’t bought of it. I understand that those of us (like me) who have lifted our vehicles, added roof racks and lights are not that concerned about economy. My disappointment is with people who resort to name calling. We can have a civilized discussion about the pros and cons of an accessory or activity without calling someone a “douch”.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

This has run a bit to off topic...
But...some people are so small minded and so caught in their own opinion that they should not be allowed to write articles. If someone gives people like that names it's ok... They deserve it.

spartancrating1

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

US
Member #

And by the way I'm only "assuming" things about the author just like he made plenty of assumptions about overlanders and RTTs.

Reactions: MazeVX

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

I was curious so I googled his name, pretty accomplished guy. Lives in Montana. Writes and edits for some very big magazines. I share his wonder about overlanding being a fad. Part of me hopes it is not because I think getting out and exploring does our minds and bodies a lot of good, I know it certainly makes a difference in my life. The other part of me, the one who shares those special camping spots with reluctance hoping that those who venture off will treat them with the same respect. I like to think OB members will. Let’s take the high road.

Reactions: MazeVX