First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all,

Over the course of this forums growth, I've had requests to list forums from newest to oldest. They are currently Oldest to Newest, meaning, the most recent responses within a thread are at the end.

Would you prefer that the most recent responses are newest to oldest?

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Michael, I’m fine with it the way it is. It mirrors what I expect from other forums, and I like them driving the same. Using the “Read Order” setting gets me where I want to be.

Reactions: Michael

dblack

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sherwood Park, AB
Member #

Depends on your goal. If you’re catching up and have a lot to read, then oldest to newest is most convenient.

If you’re up to date and just reading along as it goes then you want newest at the top.

If you’re getting the request, then Someone wants to reverse the order. Give them a button at the top called “thread order” that toggles the order between the 2 options.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

If you’re up to date and just reading along as it goes then you want newest at the top.
There's already a button for "Go to First Unread" that covers that. Or if you use the "New Posts button to see the latest activity, clicking the ball to the left of the thread title takes you to the first new post in the thread.

I prefer the current order, which is typical of every other forum I'm on. I wonder if @Michael will notice if I go into the admin side and skew this poll by a few hundred votes... ;)

family-overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Konstanz, Germany
First Name
phil
Last Name
mädler
Member #

the way it is just works for me. If you‘re new to a thread, it doesn‘t matter if you‘re scolling up or down to catch up with the conversation

Gesendet von iPhone mit OB Talk

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
There's already a button for "Go to First Unread" that covers that. Or if you use the "New Posts button to see the latest activity, clicking the ball to the left of the thread title takes you to the first new post in the thread.

I prefer the current order, which is typical of every other forum I'm on. I wonder if @Michael will notice if I go into the admin side and skew this poll by a few hundred votes... ;)
Bwahahaha!

M

craigR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mt Dora, FL
Member #

Not that I couldn't get use to something new, but the current format is pretty standard, so I voted to keep it as is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :wink:

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey all,

Over the course of this forums growth, I've had requests to list forums from newest to oldest. They are currently Oldest to Newest, meaning, the most recent responses within a thread are at the end.

Would you prefer that the most recent responses are newest to oldest?
Good the way it is...like seeing the author of the thread and original idea or conversation behind it.

Reactions: gtomike

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Michael

If the change were to be implemented, does the forum software allow it to be User choice? IE could the users who want newest first set it in their profile?
That way everyone could have their preferred display.

The default could go with the majority vote on this poll and users could toggle as desired.

Boort

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

Lol so far 100% wants it the way it is right now.
And honestly, in all years I am on the internet I think I have been a member of maybe a 100 forums, and I never seen a forum with the newest post on top of page 1 of a thread and the oldest on the last page..

Reactions: MBroenkow

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

X2 is my Two cents! Benz.

Teague

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fairview, TN
Member #

I'm willing to bet the majority will say leave it because English is read top to bottom, left to right. It's what everyone is used to.