Rank V

Pathfinder III

Loxahatchee, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

Hey y’all. I just scored a 2000 Toyota 4Runner for pretty cheap. I needs a rear drive shaft, but otherwise it’s solid. My plans for this vehicle is a dedicated off road/ camping/ hunting rig that I could possibly pull a 5k boat trailer if my truck ever breaks down.
So I’m planning on a lift, tires, tundra breaks, and a winch. What needs to be done to run 35s on these trucks vs 33s? what is the stock axles ratio, and what is the ideal ratio? It has 16 inch wheels now, will those clear the tundra breaks? I’m sure I’ll have more questions later.

Attachments

flanate89

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ormond beach
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Welcome to the 4runner family! Have you been over to T4r.org ? They would have all the answers to your questions with great detail. But to try and answer some I do believe certain 16” wheels will clear the 231mm calipers but you could run the 199mm calipers with most 16” wheels. As for clearing 35’s there are some guys who just do all suspension and have killer cv angles but run them just fine, or you could do a 3” suspension with a 2” body lift. I run 33’s on mine with the toytec/Bilstein tundra adjustables and ome 891 in the rear. I could use some upgraded uca like the spc or total chaos uniballs. Your gear ratio can be determined by the sticker in the driver door jam, there are a few different ones they used. Hope this helps you out somewhat.

Reactions: Salty4Life