Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
My wife has wanted a new vehicle for a while now. She was looking at Jeeps, but then she saw the FJ's and had to have one. She said she wanted it lifted and bigger tires so she can go explore and rock hound.

Here she is with her new ride.....

Roger352

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

, Cornwall PL17 , United Kingdom
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Sorry to hear that, hope she gets better soon LOL. This is good news for you if she has the overland bug it makes things a lot easy for you would you want to get something else for the vehicle or another piece of equipment. Good on her

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
There goes the budget............
Your right about that! Now I have to split it between 2 rigs. She said she needs "one of those big metal deer bumpers" .........She is probably going to want one of those cable pulling thingys attached to it also......oh well, I am looking forward to the adventures we will have!

Reactions: Murphy Slaw

NetDep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

Your right about that! Now I have to split it between 2 rigs. She said she needs "one of those big metal deer bumpers" .........She is probably going to want one of those cable pulling thingys attached to it also......oh well, I am looking forward to the adventures we will have!
It's AWESOME. If you ever want the bigger, shinier cool thing - just buy two because she "needs" one for her rig too!!

Congrats!!!!

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

Yup be careful for what you ask for! lol...I was into Mustangs and Fast fords and wife had to have one...cant get the keys to the Mustang ever! Your lucky no camping no overlanding nada. I took her on one trip to Big Sur old coast road and after that ride she hates it. Cant say I blame her, third row seat, 3/4 ton Suburban with tires inflated to 80PSI = miserable.

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

Welcome!

Nice FJ!

Stay away from that fjcruiserforums website... those guys are great at helping a person spend their money with all their fancy ideas about bumpers and stuff for FJ's, LOL.

:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Even though I will now have to share the budget, I am always happy to see her happy. I do have a slight fear of getting left behind on the trail because she got all of the upgrades!

Here are the siblings together.

Reactions: justin marsh

Darthbaggins

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Acworth, GA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Cromartie
Member #

So far my better half is convinced she wants a Rubicon 4Dr (well that's what I pushed her towards if she's getting a Wrangler), and she wants to do nearly everything I've done w/ the T4R so far - which makes me hesitant to get my newer OME Coils and Addicted Offroad Armor lol.

But it definitely is a good thing to see them happy in a similar interest

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign