Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

46.322733, -118.933644
That's the coordinate for where Smith Canyon Rd. starts if you aren't familiar with it. Once you turn on it there is a few spots on the right as you're going in and at about 1/2 mile in to the left is the big open area. Not sure where they will end up with getting in later on a Friday night.

Reactions: G.Goodwin

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

46.322733, -118.933644
That's the coordinate for where Smith Canyon Rd. starts if you aren't familiar with it. Once you turn on it there is a few spots on the right as you're going in and at about 1/2 mile in to the left is the big open area. Not sure where they will end up with getting in later on a Friday night.
We’ll see you there. @JL Lou are you going to be able to make it out?

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Just saw this. I thought it was going to be last night/ this morning. I wont make it tonight. sorry.

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Anyone headed out this weekend? I’m headed to Buhl, ID to the Owyhee RP. Left way later than I wanted too today. Found a chunk of rubber missing from my tire last night when I was looking over everything so I ended up with a new set of Wrangler UltraTerrains. Has anyone looked at the earth day clean up trip in two weeks?

Attachments

Reactions: Lothar

Lothar

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Richland, WA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Bloom
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Anyone headed out this weekend? I’m headed to Buhl, ID to the Owyhee RP. Left way later than I wanted too today. Found a chunk of rubber missing from my tire last night when I was looking over everything so I ended up with a new set of Wrangler UltraTerrains. Has anyone looked at the earth day clean up trip in two weeks?
When and where is the Earth Day cleanup? If there isn’t a scheduling conflict, may I join?

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

When and where is the Earth Day cleanup? If there isn’t a scheduling conflict, may I join?
It is around Lewiston and down to Joseph. It should be listed under the rally points. Let me know if you can’t find it.

I am planning on going down Friday to stay an extra night as well as a couple other guys from the northern group.

Reactions: Lothar

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Wish I could make it but I'll be out of town doing family stuff. We should plan a day trip some time mid/late May to see where snow levels are at, either into the Blues or toward the Cascades. @JL Lou, you got any free weekends in the next month or so?

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Not until July. Our Outage starts soon

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Wish I could make it but I'll be out of town doing family stuff. We should plan a day trip some time mid/late May to see where snow levels are at, either into the Blues or toward the Cascades. @JL Lou, you got any free weekends in the next month or so?
I was thinking the same thing. I’m booked till the end of may already anyways

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Ya, the more I look at the calendar I probably won't be able to get away until end of May either. I'll keep watching snow levels and see if I can come up with something for that time and then throw out some dates to see when people might be free. @JL Lou, let us know when you're free in July. Maybe we can go run Bethel Ridge or something over that way.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

When would you be free end of May/ beginning of June, you want to put a "maybe" trip on the calendar? I was thinking a day trip to the Wenas wildlife area. I've been up there the last couple years the 1-2 week of May and its been free of snow and temps haven't been too bad if people want to camp. The later we go the further west we can explore, I have a few tracks in the area and there is a lot of camping for anyone interested.

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
June 24th is When I am done with the outage. I am startng a new job and will be done with shift work and working weekends.:grinning:

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

When would you be free end of May/ beginning of June, you want to put a "maybe" trip on the calendar? I was thinking a day trip to the Wenas wildlife area. I've been up there the last couple years the 1-2 week of May and its been free of snow and temps haven't been too bad if people want to camp. The later we go the further west we can explore, I have a few tracks in the area and there is a lot of camping for anyone interested.
What’s Memorial Day weekend look like? I know there’s probably going to be a bunch of people but that gives some time to play

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

We have a trip planned for memorial weekend but we've been back and forth on if we'll go, not sure if it's still too early for the kid to go camping. If that one falls through I would go for a day trip if you aren't already busy, but don't hold off on making other plans.

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

We have a trip planned for memorial weekend but we've been back and forth on if we'll go, not sure if it's still too early for the kid to go camping. If that one falls through I would go for a day trip if you aren't already busy, but don't hold off on making other plans.
Never too early lol. Just harder to do more as you’re stopping more often to deal with him. I can’t remember how old Isaac was when we first started camping with him but it had to be in the 5-6 month mark

Reactions: MrWilsonWJ

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Never too early lol. Just harder to do more as you’re stopping more often to deal with him. I can’t remember how old Isaac was when we first started camping with him but it had to be in the 5-6 month mark
We plan to get him out sometime this summer. He'll be 3 months this week so still a little guy being he was 6 weeks early but he's getting there. Right now our only worry is temps at night and car seat time, but by mid summer he should be good to go. I went to Ellensburg this past weekend, from what you can see going over Manastash it doesn't look like much snow left in the Wenas area. By end of May it should be clear if we ever start getting some warmer temps.