Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
I have a cable and Chirp. Sorry for the late reply, I just got back into town from Yellowstone.IMG_1664.JPGIMG_1657.JPG

Reactions: G.Goodwin and Ceg

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Of course, Chirp is free, you could get the files from Mike R. and just borrow the cable if you want. Let me know what you want to do.

Mike, I would be interested in those files also....

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Of course, Chirp is free, you could get the files from Mike R. and just borrow the cable if you want. Let me know what you want to do.

I’ll get those files posted tomorrow… my laptop has been down due to the power cord becoming a puppy chew toy. Finally got a charge cord today, and it’s currently charging.

For those that want the Northwest Chirp File, I’ll publish it on my Google doc page and post the link here.

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

I’ll get those files posted tomorrow… my laptop has been down due to the power cord becoming a puppy chew toy. Finally got a charge cord today, and it’s currently charging.

For those that want the Northwest Chirp File, I’ll publish it on my Google doc page and post the link here.
I bought the cable since I will need to program in the future. Thanks for the help everyone!

Reactions: JL Lou and M Rose

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Don't forget to come out to the Kennewick Giant Swap Meet. 9am to 4pm Sunday.

Attachments

2xAGM114

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Mike: Yes please on the PNW 2 meter file. Email in profile. 73.

<BREAK>

We drove the Beartooth Highway from Cooke City to Red Lodge this week. All paved but with off-road side trips. Amazing scenery and none of the crowds or tour buses like Yellowstone. 'Dispersed camped' at Island Lake and saw a grizzly family 150 yds from the tent the next morning.

Recommended. Bring bear protection.

Last edited:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Mike: Yes please on the PNW 2 meter file. Email in profile. 73.

<BREAK>

We drove the Beartooth Highway from Cooke City to Red Lodge this week. All paved but with off-road side trips. Amazing scenery and none of the crowds or tour buses like Yellowstone. 'Dispersed camped' at Island Lake and saw a grizzly family 150 yds from the tent the next morning.

Recommended. Bring bear protection.
@JL Lou @G.Goodwin I finally have had the time to drop the Northwest Repeater Chirp file into my google docs.

Reactions: G.Goodwin

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Well I was able to talk the wife into taking our 3 year old and our 3 month old out of town for the weekend. We ended up doing a few miles of the BDR. I bought a Garmin Inreach Mini (finally) so we could get the maps and in the event something happened, we could get help.

We left town on Friday (wayyyyy later than I wanted too) and made it to Bridge of the gods around 5:30. We found a place to camp about 4 miles outside of Carson on a side road off the trail. Once getting camp all packed back up first thing the next morning, we left to see how far we could get. We made it to just outside Wenas after about 12 hours after rolling out that morning. Never in my life did I think I would be able to have two very young kids sitting in a car for almost 12 hours with very, very, minimal breaks.

On sunday we left our campsite around 10. It was a very brisk morning and the wind was just barely starting to blow. Our tent had been good so far. This was our 3rd time using this tent and it ended up breaking on us. It was a Core Equipment 10 person but it was a quick setup and tear down and one of the poles wouldn't collapse. so that was a fun adventure. Once I was able to get everything broken and collapsed, we headed north until we decided we should stop and head home. We ended up making it to ellensburg around 1. Kathryn wanted to make it to Wenatchee but with the way the last few hours were, I knew we wouldn't make it in time to get home, get our dog and have everything setup for work the next day. So we called it quits for the weekend.

I don't think we will make it back out this year to finish the trail but it gives us a good idea what we can expect for next year as well as what we need to change up. This was the first real trip that we had as a whole family and there was quite a bit that we are going to need to change and adjust to make life a little bit easier. I'm trying to talk her into getting a tear drop that we can take with us but thats going to be a little bit of convincing. We are renting one in the Bend area next month for our anniversary so that will be a real test of if we want to pursue that route or if we need to find something else. The company we are renting from is Roverentals.com. If anyone knows anything around the Bend area that we should go visit, I would appreciate it!

Attachments

Last edited: