La Grande, OR, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Abernathy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7MA
Has anyone tried getting out into the hills anywhere yet this year? Curious what snow levels are looking like around the area, east or west of here. Heard from a friend of a friend that snow level is around 3300' trying to get up to Bethel ridge. Looking to get out for a weekend, might just have to head south while I wait for the usual areas to melt off.
@St0ll3n has been trying to break trail on Mt Emily Summit Road between I84 and 204. He said last week end (weekend before Easter) that he was breaking 3’ of drifts with 18” of hard pack. Also said that the snow was horrible...

Correction, We haven't made it up summit yet. That area has still been open for skii and other over snow activities. It will be a couple of weeks or so before that area will be impassible for those users. A friend was up there on skiis and spent a good portion of his trip walking.

All of our travels have been on the south west side of the freeway. The spring creek area, and down twords the Lehman Hot springs area(usfs 54). The above is true about portions of these areas.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Correction, We haven't made it up summit yet. That area has still been open for skii and other over snow activities. It will be a couple of weeks or so before that area will be impassible for those users. A friend was up there on skiis and spent a good portion of his trip walking.

All of our travels have been on the south west side of the freeway. The spring creek area, and down twords the Lehman Hot springs area(usfs 54). The above is true about portions of these areas.
Yes I should have been more clear in that...

Reactions: St0ll3n

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Anyone else from the tri cities area plan on heading out the the Juniper clean up this weekend? As long as I don't get any calls for broken equipment in the morning I'm gonna head out until at least noon. We have some friends in town this weekend so I'll have to leave some what early.

Reactions: G.Goodwin and Ceg

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Anyone else from the tri cities area plan on heading out the the Juniper clean up this weekend? As long as I don't get any calls for broken equipment in the morning I'm gonna head out until at least noon. We have some friends in town this weekend so I'll have to leave some what early.
Might be able to make it now. Been working for almost 2 weeks straight and telling the boss I’m taking time off. Lol. Also came across another event on Sunday....

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Came across this event today. Might head to it just so say hi to some more people and maybe get some more people in our group.

Attachments

Reactions: Ceg

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
I cant make it. Sorry

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
The Spout Springs Repeater Association will be hosting their annual Hamfest on May 1st, 2021 from 9 am until 6 pm. Thinking of getting your license... now is your chance. Three test times 9:00 am, Noon, and 3 pm. Looking for a mobile radio, they just might have one their.

For More information visit:

Reactions: JL Lou

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
None that I am aware of, but people were recording all around me.

Reactions: M Rose

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Thanks for coming out. It was a fun run. I took my boys back out after Charlie found out where is front tire was leaking from. I let my youngest drive my Jeep.
Did you guys have to break the tire down to clean the sand out of the bead or was it an easy fix?

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Did you guys have to break the tire down to clean the sand out of the bead or was it an easy fix?
They flatten it and hit around the tire to get the sand out. The aired it back up and found a wheel weight was making it leak. Removed that weight and it was fixed.

The pickup wheel was a different story. The crack in the steel rim got bigger as we headed home. Had to stop for air In Benton City, Prosser, Granger, Buena, and Parker.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I will be in the tri -cities on May 1st for the SSRA’s Ham Festival. If you guys would like to meet up with me feel free to stop by the event.

Reactions: G.Goodwin

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Last weekend our Liberty State Overland Club camped at the Naneum Ridge State Forest. The weather was great. We snow wheeled up to the Naneum Ridge Road. We past Super Jeep on the way. That is a BIG little Jeep!

Over all the trip was good. If it wasn't for the snow groomer sabotaging a snow berm with rocks and causing damage to our rigs, it would have been great.

See more photos of the trip at:
LSOC Naneum Ridge State Forest Snow Wheeling/Camping Trip - 4/16-18/21