Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Welcome to all of my fellow Tri-Cities members.

I thought that a place where we could randomly chat about things in our little corner of the world would be helpful. Like a side conversation between meetings. Just a free form casual chat.

Please feel free to tag members in the area.
@MrWilsonWJ @suffolklou

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
FYI,
There is HAM testing every other month at the Boy Scout Office on Gage. You can find the times HERE.
Screenshot_20200119-205938.png

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thanks, Mike. Also to go with your Bi-monthly ham testing, the same guys host testing on the off months in Walla Walla

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
How many members have families with children in here? I have 2 girls and a boy. My son is 18, daughter one is 17, and daughter 2 is 15. The older two live with their mom in Colorado Springs, while the youngest lives with me and her mom. My 15 yo loves shooting, camping, and being eccentric. While my other 2 would rather be playing video games.

Reactions: Monty_moose_gen2

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
My daughter is 16, Dont think I would get her to camp though...

Reactions: M Rose

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
One of the unfortunate aspects of vehicle based travel...
1580178778314.png
So, now i am delayed leaving for Michigan and my wallet is a LOT lighter! However, Brutus is going to be stronger then ever!

• Sad
Reactions: M Rose

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Yikes! Diesels hurt when they have problems. I had a 2012 Duramax. Had problems with the DEF system. Looks like Cummins has ghosts in the system also.
Hang in there.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I put one of those kits together for one of my co workers a few years back. Pretty good kit, it took a little trimming to get it to fit the pickup to my liking. The instructions said to tack the frame mounts to the center section, mount it to the truck, then tack each side together on the bench then attach to the center. I tried that and the fitment was crap. Took it apart and put it together piece by piece while bolted up and it turned out pretty nice with minimal trimming. For the price I think they're worth it if they have something you like and you have the skills to put it together. I've thought about getting one for my Ram. I'll see if I can find some finished pictures of the one I put together.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I put one of those kits together for one of my co workers a few years back. Pretty good kit, it took a little trimming to get it to fit the pickup to my liking. The instructions said to tack the frame mounts to the center section, mount it to the truck, then tack each side together on the bench then attach to the center. I tried that and the fitment was crap. Took it apart and put it together piece by piece while bolted up and it turned out pretty nice with minimal trimming. For the price I think they're worth it if they have something you like and you have the skills to put it together. I've thought about getting one for my Ram. I'll see if I can find some finished pictures of the one I put together.
I guess that's the only pic I have. It was for an '04 Chevy. 20160114_134001.jpeg

Reactions: Retired