Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

That map is Whiskey Dick and Quilomene areas. Looked like whiskey dick is closed Feb 1 to May 1. With only the road that boarders the east side open during that time. Still a little unclear on the rest of the closures for the roads but I'll do some more checking. Outside of mud how were the roads? Pretty tame gravel or were they more trail like? Looks like you could get in there around the Vantage highway and make your way up to Wenatchee. With a couple possible places to camp down by the river.

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
pretty tame. Just a few steep areas. If there was no mud, then no problems

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas for a March meet up? I know it's a little early but might as well start planning now. I think an overnight trip or some trails would be fun if anyone knows of a good lower elevation place. Most of the places i frequent will be under snow for a couple more months. If I get my act together my jeep might be back together and running by the next meet up.

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
There is a you tuber called Conquest Overland that did a video of him camping near Vantage, Wa. And I know Mike Denniston has camped around there... Not sure when he is back though.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I tracked that video down after you mentioned it earlier, looks like a cool spot I'm just trying to figure out where exactly it is. In one of his comments on the video he says off of Silica road which means it must be to the west of the road between the road and river in the area before you get to the Gorge. Might have to head up and do some exploring...

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Don't tell my wife, but there might be more WJ parts on the way!!
wj-fullfront-bumper-4T.jpg
Ordered up the center section of that bumper with out the wings and got their high clearance radiator support as well.
wj-front-winch-bumper-3T.jpg
That's what I ordered will look like, then form there I will do some sheet metal trimming and build wings out of tube.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Don't tell my wife, but there might be more WJ parts on the way!!
View attachment 142177
Ordered up the center section of that bumper with out the wings and got their high clearance radiator support as well.
View attachment 142178
That's what I ordered will look like, then form there I will do some sheet metal trimming and build wings out of tube.
Ohh so you do own a Cherokee... not that I can say much... The Bronco hasn’t left its parking spot for a few days.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Ohh so you do own a Cherokee... not that I can say much... The Bronco hasn’t left its parking spot for a few days.
I do! It's just been living in the garage torn apart all winter. I probably should have finished some of the other projects on it before ordering more parts but what the hell, maybe it will motivate me to work faster.

Reactions: M Rose

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
That will be a nice looking bumper. Can’t wait to see it.
I am also thinking of doing some more exploring up there near Vantage.
I have that waterfall marked on my Gaia gps. I will post a pic tomorrow.

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
I promised a pic. Got busy helping a friend with a suspension lift for his JK. I have to work till Wednesday. I will post before the next weekend.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
There is a you tuber called Conquest Overland that did a video of him camping near Vantage, Wa. And I know Mike Denniston has camped around there... Not sure when he is back though.
Yeah, Michael from Conquest Overland was nice enough to give me the GPS cord's for where they camped in their Vantage video. It was located right by The Feathers. A pretty cool area. Would be a good overnight spot, with a lot of area to hike and climb around. When I went there, some despicable person hauled an old boat out there and burned it. Not sure if its still there or not. I will look for the GPS pin.

Right now its looking like this gig may run long. I will be completely overwhelmed at work in about 3 weeks. So I will do my best to stay involved over the next few weeks.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Yeah, Michael from Conquest Overland was nice enough to give me the GPS cord's for where they camped in their Vantage video. It was located right by The Feathers. A pretty cool area. Would be a good overnight spot, with a lot of area to hike and climb around. When I went there, some despicable person hauled an old boat out there and burned it. Not sure if its still there or not. I will look for the GPS pin.

Right now its looking like this gig may run long. I will be completely overwhelmed at work in about 3 weeks. So I will do my best to stay involved over the next few weeks.
When you were up there did you find much for trails/back roads to explore? There looks to be a few roads right around there and then all of the green dot roads on the other side of the river.
That sucks that you'll be out there longer than expected, but at least you'll be busy so it makes the trip worth it. If you're there might as well work your ass off and log a bunch of hours.

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
When you were up there did you find much for trails/back roads to explore? There looks to be a few roads right around there and then all of the green dot roads on the other side of the river.
That sucks that you'll be out there longer than expected, but at least you'll be busy so it makes the trip worth it. If you're there might as well work your ass off and log a bunch of hours.
There were a few trails but they had "No Vehicle Access" signs so I respected them.
Well when I finish working, I hope to spend a week in the U.P.. Looks beautiful

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
i May go there (vantage area) Wednesday or Thursday to look around.

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I thought about getting a hold of you yesterday to see if you wanted to go check it out but I ended up spending the day scrapping popcorn from a ceiling and tearing out carpet. If we weren't so busy planting potatoes and onions this week I would skip out on work and follow you up there.

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
If you can do an overnight....
N 47.22633, W 120.01243
Cool spot RIGHT on the river. I stayed there on my trip. It can be found on iOverlander, search "Trinidad on the beach".
1224191601.jpg
1224191520a_HDR.jpg