Rank II

Contributor III

Spring Valley, NY, USA
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Levy
Member #

Thanks Michael for the tutorials. I do not know if this is the correct place to do so but I have some questions and I would love some help. I joined OB1 on my PC using the Firefox Browser. I received a member number. I installed the app on my Samsung Galaxy S20+.
When in the app I can see the map and events but if I click some of the other links in the slide out menu, e.g. Offline Maps , Upgrades. I am shown a screen suggesting I become a member and asking if I want to start my free trial with the full price of $59.99 per year. I thought that I was a member when I joined using the browser at which time I was told it was $39.99 (paid) per year. If I am not a member what was the $39.99 for and what is the $59.99 for ?

Please help or advise where to send this question. I was not successful when trying the contact form so far. I just do not know where to turn at this point. It is possible that other new members may have similar questions and so the answers here may help others in the community. Thanks so much for taking the time to look into this.

Reactions: Michael

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Thanks Michael for the tutorials. I do not know if this is the correct place to do so but I have some questions and I would love some help. I joined OB1 on my PC using the Firefox Browser. I received a member number. I installed the app on my Samsung Galaxy S20+.
When in the app I can see the map and events but if I click some of the other links in the slide out menu, e.g. Offline Maps , Upgrades. I am shown a screen suggesting I become a member and asking if I want to start my free trial with the full price of $59.99 per year. I thought that I was a member when I joined using the browser at which time I was told it was $39.99 (paid) per year. If I am not a member what was the $39.99 for and what is the $59.99 for ?

Please help or advise where to send this question. I was not successful when trying the contact form so far. I just do not know where to turn at this point. It is possible that other new members may have similar questions and so the answers here may help others in the community. Thanks so much for taking the time to look into this.
Larry, you are a member, I think it is a glitch and will forward it as a bug. Heck mine does the same thing.....

Jim

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

Thank you! I’m reviewing this now.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

Ok, I see the issue. Your account is not a Member. So that’s not right.

Did you receive the Account Activation email, and use that to activate your account?

I would like to know if we have an issue with account activation.

Thank you!

M

Explorer1

Rank II

Contributor III

Spring Valley, NY, USA
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Levy
Member #

Larry, you are a member, I think it is a glitch and will forward it as a bug. Heck mine does the same thing.....

Jim
Thanks Jim. I was frustrated so I am glad it is not just me. I thought I did something wrong. One thing that did happen was that I received an email to activate my account a couple of days prior. The link was bad and I was unable to do so but I received my membership number and now showed up as a member when I logged in. The map would not allow local downloads. Since that time Michael looked into it and agreed the link was bad. He activated me manually. Now I can use the offline map features I was unable to access before. If you are having a problem with some of the membership features it may also be that you are only partially activated.

Reactions: JaredThomsen