The Rocky Mountains' National Park Loop ideas

• HTML tutorial

NerdyNick

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Broomfield, CO
Member #

I've been working on planning a 2wk trip between a number of the National Parks in the Rocky Mountain Region (I also have a much larger version that hits them all). But I'm looking to get more ideas of place to visit, things to do along the way, good areas to camp, and/or trails I should add to the trip.

The current route is as follows; Denver -> Great Sand Dunes via Phantom Canyon? and Medano Pass -> Taos (Need route ideas here. Looking at borrowing form the Enchanted Rocky's route currently) -> Aztec Dam and Ruins National Monument -> Durango, CO -> Mesa Verde National Park -> Four Corners -> Canyons of the Ancients & Hovenweep National Monument's -> Moab -> Canyonlands & Arches National Parks -> Montrose, CO via Rim Rocker trail -> Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park -> Denver.

I'll post a GPX later for anyone interested of the tentative route. Once I've ran it I can post a final one as well if anyone else wants that.

SinCityOverland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
shaun
Last Name
field
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
a hole
i live in bayfield close to durango co. and have a shop in pagosa. just passed pagosa is elwood pass. id love to join for the trail ride if you come through.

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Within RMNP starting at Estes Park, try going up Fall River Road, a one way dirt road to the top, and then down the paved road or down over towards Grand Lake on the highway.