Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Rusty we might be related.....anyone can go down and buy stuff and put it one....making it...thats where I get to have fun. ...I really dig your ride too.....I want a jeep wagoneer so I can have a big 4 door rig.
Your brother from another mother! [emoji106] [emoji2]

Rustyburbin from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 1970 K20 Suburban

Reactions: caleath

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Here is a clearer picture of the hub and latchView attachment 20868
I love this idea, I've actually been thinking about building a fully articulated heavy duty trailer hitch useing a semi truck u-joint for lateral X-Y movement and a hub like that for rotational twist... I have it more or less figured out in my head but haven't drawn it out or given real serious thought yet. I just like the idea.

I have a buddy with an old 50's airstream that I can pick up for song. It's gutted and has no glass so you can imagine the interior condition, it's in SoCal so not that bad but still it would be a complete reconstruction/remodel. It's only 15 feet long. If I do get it, I'll lift it, put a truck axel underneath and some 33's! It would be more of a base camp bunk house than a full blown trail caboose.

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

So be honest..this is the pushbar that was already on my truck when I bought it. My co worker asked if I was gonna put it back on...so I did a test fit up...what do you guys think?View attachment 20890
I like it! I have one almost identical to it that I was gonna use. When I got those used bumpers I mentioned before I also scored a nice 2.5" diameter curved nerf bar that I like just a little bit more so I'm gonna use it instead... They'll both fiction well so it's a matter of preference.

My suggestion would be to test fit a couple options and see what you like best. You can always burn that on later if you decide too.

caleath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

While the bumper isnt perfect...I did stick weld the whole thing...it will do. I am still planning on adding a brush guard of some kind.

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

While the bumper isnt perfect...I did stick weld the whole thing...it will do. I am still planning on adding a brush guard of some kind.
Looks great bro! That's pretty hard core doin it an old buzz box!

You've seen some of my stuff... I prefer an older rig that has some blemishes. Ya wouldn't be cutting up and welding and pushing screws into a 2017 fj ya know what I mean? Good work man. I'll be doing my front bumper pretty soon and I'll post some pictures as I go.

Rustyburbin (OB#4084) from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 1970 K20 Suburban

caleath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Looks great bro! That's pretty hard core doin it an old buzz box!

You've seen some of my stuff... I prefer an older rig that has some blemishes. Ya wouldn't be cutting up and welding and pushing screws into a 2017 fj ya know what I mean? Good work man. I'll be doing my front bumper pretty soon and I'll post some pictures as I go.

Yeah not too bad ..I dont mind working on this thing...its been good therapy.

Reactions: Rusty burbin

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

I saw this dude yesterday and thought his rear setup was pretty unique... I may borrow some of his ideas.

Last edited: