Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
The last time I was able to do the full trail was late 2021, though I hit the Southern section often. I have made some comments here about changes to the trail, but I don't have the technical ability or knowledge to fix the route in the app.

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

The last time I was able to do the full trail was late 2021, though I hit the Southern section often. I have made some comments here about changes to the trail, but I don't have the technical ability or knowledge to fix the route in the app.
Thank you for your input. I need to have Leon show me how to edit the route

Reactions: TSO_NJ

TSO_NJ

Rank V

Explorer I

Burlington County, NJ, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Mez
Member #

Thank you for your input. I need to have Leon show me how to edit the route
I was able to add a “Caution Note” using the mobile app, but the icon has not appeared yet.

Hamp Road Bridge Closed Map.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: MuckSavage

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Correct me if I'm wrong, there's also a park in the Northern section that closes at dusk. And unlike the Southern sections there's actually a gate they put across the road. I ran into it a couple years back but I don't recall the exact spot. I went from High Point to Assunpink Lake in the first day and it was dark when I hit the gate, so somewhere in the Southern half of the Northern section.

Ethan N

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Ran a short section this morning with @phillyphorester . Went from Whitesbog to Reed Rd. Trails are mostly dry, a few puddles with about 1/4inch or so of ice on top. There is currently a downed tree across the road at 39.934608, -74.421572 and of course it's the ONE day I don't have my chainsaw charged. :rage: There was a side trail though so all is well.

For anyone willing to drive back out there, again coordinates are 39.934608, -74.421572
The tree is dead and snapped about 10 ft up and fell across the road, it's still attached at the top so it might need a tug first.

Screenshot_20240105_143221_Overland Bound One (1).jpgScreenshot_20240105_143202_Overland Bound One (1).jpg

Suspension full of ice shards.

20240105_112020.jpg

20240105_140720 (1).jpg

Ethan N

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I did the entire route as posted in 2021 at least and it was all accurate. There is currently a bridge out as mentioned a few posts above but it only blocks a very short section of the trail. Some of the more North section of the trails are seasonally closed for Winter, best to wait until Spring.

Edit, sorry I replied faster than I can read. July will be fine, some of the lesser run trails will be overgrown with overhanging twigs but passable.

Reactions: MuckSavage

SpookyII

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Danbury, CT, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
SmoothOperators
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC10IM
Anyone want to run the full trail this spring? Myself in a 2021 Taco and my buddy in a street legal KTM dual sport are interested. Would be fun to caravan. Maybe make it a 2 or 3 day trip?

Ethan N

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Anyone want to run the full trail this spring? Myself in a 2021 Taco and my buddy in a street legal KTM dual sport are interested. Would be fun to caravan. Maybe make it a 2 or 3 day trip?
I don't think I'll be able to stick around the whole time but I'd love to intercept you somewhere and finish the southern section. I need an excuse to go to Cape May again, haha.

jeepbecky

Rank 0

Contributor II

Ogdensburg, NJ, USA
First Name
Stefan
Last Name
Lane
Hey all! New here! I've been dying to take this trail, but curious if anyone has a trail traced on Google Maps or something similar. The above directions only shows as text when loading it into (crap) Microsoft word.

DesmosDromos

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Barker
Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJB996
Hey all! New here! I've been dying to take this trail, but curious if anyone has a trail traced on Google Maps or something similar. The above directions only shows as text when loading it into (crap) Microsoft word.
You need to download the GPX file at the bottom of the first post and import it into an app like OnX Offroad or Gaia GPS

• Wow
Reactions: jeepbecky