The official OTO "Ozark Trail Overland" gear thread!

• HTML tutorial

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Wow, that is a neat bag! I might consider snagging one of those for my kitchen setup. I'm somewhat of an incompetent boob when it comes to the culinary arts, so it's taking me longer to figure out exactly what set up I want.

Sparky V

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Harrisonburg, Va
First Name
Vicente
Last Name
Rosa
Member #

Having a hard time finding that bag on walmart’s website. Do you guys know what they called it? My keyword searches are getting filled with a lot of other stuff but not that bag! Lol

Eddiebrs

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Phoenix, Az, USA
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Barrows
Member #

Anyone have any experience with this camping table. This is a great table for what you get. My question is how is the build quality compared to others? OZ products typically hold up well, but this seems almost too good

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Im the type of person that abuses and loses my tools therefore buy from harbor freight, ive bought some ozark trail stuff in the past with great results but i have found academy to be cheaper than walmart for camping plus i hate going into walmart. I choose coleman products over yeti because yeti went anti gun a few years ago and because coleman is made in texas by texans And i shop local every chance i get. Craigslist is also a great place to get second hand camping gear.

Reactions: SgtMac

TerraCrawler

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sweetwater, TN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Feeny
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK5NL
Im the type of person that abuses and loses my tools therefore buy from harbor freight, ive bought some ozark trail stuff in the past with great results but i have found academy to be cheaper than walmart for camping plus i hate going into walmart. I choose coleman products over yeti because yeti went anti gun a few years ago and because coleman is made in texas by texans And i shop local every chance i get. Craigslist is also a great place to get second hand camping gear.
Thats a flawed line of thinking regarding Yeti. Yeti simply is no longer offering a "discount" to NRA members. That doesn't make them anti-gun. Did Overland Bound offer you an NRA discount? No. Does that make them "anti-gun"?

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Thats a flawed line of thinking regarding Yeti. Yeti simply is no longer offering a "discount" to NRA members. That doesn't make them anti-gun. Did Overland Bound offer you an NRA discount? No. Does that make them "anti-gun"?
No but overland bound isnt sold to hunters as a way to keep game fresh either is it? Ive never been a nra member look into their flawed history if you enjoy your rights as a gun owner.

TerraCrawler

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sweetwater, TN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Feeny
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK5NL
No but overland bound isnt sold to hunters as a way to keep game fresh either is it? Ive never been a nra member look into their flawed history if you enjoy your rights as a gun owner.
Yes, flawed history......agreed. So the NRA has done some stupid embarrassing things, which has caused some of their sponsors to bail on them, as far as things like NRA discounts. That's what happened. Nothing more. So that doesn't make Yeti anti-gun is my point.

Reactions: lvcjt702

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

It was more than just nra discounts dicks sporting goods also caved when sandy hook happened as did cheaper than dirt and a slew of other supposed pro gun companies and even states

TerraCrawler

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sweetwater, TN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Feeny
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK5NL
It was more than just nra discounts dicks sporting goods also caved when sandy hook happened as did cheaper than dirt and a slew of other supposed pro gun companies and even states
That's not "anti-gun", what you're saying is that supported gun policy that you don't agree with. Which I understand, and you can totally choose who to support with your business. But to say one of the largest gun supply stores, Cheaper than Dirt, is anti-gun just makes no sense. People define responsible gun ownership/usage differently. Many are adopting a more aggressive stance as more and more people die each year from gun violence., this is a good thing in my opinion, obviously we have to do *something* different, to address the amount of gun related deaths. *What* exactly that is we do, so many disagree on.

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
There was a guy at Overland East with one of those set up on his roof. I didn't get a picture of it, but I googled a similar setup. Don't know why you'd need to put it on your roof, but it's an option.

View attachment 47082
I have the same set up on my trailer. In Florida when in the national forest the Bears and coyotes come into your camp.IMG_4584.JPG

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
Haven’t had it in high winds yet. It straps down to roof rack. No movement getting in or out.

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
Love this thread! Here is my substitute for the goal zero battery bank. Harbor freight tools.IMG_0047.JPGit can also jump start my my rig and has a air compressor. 17 amp hour battery. $59.00!

Reactions: dziner

brianb2

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

Here is my substitute for the goal zero battery bank.
That’s an interesting idea. I was going to build a battery bank housed in an ammo can for similar purposes. I don’t need the compressor, and would like some additional ports for usb. On the fence, I’d easily spend $60 on the build. Thought about one of these also: Amazon.com: Powkey AC Power Bank 88Wh External Battery Pack 65Watts Travel Charger with Indicator Light,with 2USB,2DC,1AC for MacBook Laptops Smartphones: Computers & Accessories

Thanks for posting. BTW I’m running a 2000 TJ, you?

Last edited:
Reactions: dziner

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
That’s an interesting idea. I was going to build a battery bank housed in an ammo can for similar purposes. I don’t need the compressor, and would like some additional ports for usb. On the fence, I’d easily spend $60 on the build. Thought about one of these also: Amazon.com: Powkey AC Power Bank 88Wh External Battery Pack 65Watts Travel Charger with Indicator Light,with 2USB,2DC,1AC for MacBook Laptops Smartphones: Computers & Accessories

Thanks for posting. BTW I’m running a 2000 TJ, you?
2010 jku

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Picked up this Ozark Trail Bungie Chair for my DV trip.

Pro’s: comfortable, high-back, so I can star gaze and have my head supported. Shoulder strap on chair. Adjustable cup holder.

Con’s: bulky, thin storage bag.

IMG_3124.JPG