Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Greenville, SC
First Name
S
Last Name
B
Member #

That's a bummer about your first X, but glad you found another. Are you able to strip all the aftermarket parts from your first one, including suspension?

Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
That green is one of my favorite colors and it's awesome you found a P4X! Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

Buster4pres

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Fort Thomas, KY
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Eichelberger
Member #

That's a bummer about your first X, but glad you found another. Are you able to strip all the aftermarket parts from your first one, including suspension?
Unfortunately I wasn’t able to pull the suspension and tires off but it’s okay. I wasn’t happy with what I put on it anyway.

That green is one of my favorite colors and it's awesome you found a P4X! Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!
I can’t wait to pull my parts out of the storage unit and get to installing them. Winch Mount will be the next purchase after tires.

Reactions: TerryD

Buster4pres

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Fort Thomas, KY
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Eichelberger
Member #

Got the X registered yesterday so I spent last night and this morning just messing around with it. Installed some of my old interior parts, threw the ladder on since nobody seemed to want to buy it (‍♂) and removed the side steps and mud flaps. Nothing too exciting but it made it more up to my speed.

Ordered tires today as well. 285/75/16 General Grabber A/TX’s so those should be on by weeks end. Then maybe get it out on a quick break in trail next weekend

Attachments

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Well, I did a thing today. I was about to pull the trigger on buying a GX470 when I found this and couldn’t pass it up. 33’s will be ordered once it gets registered... god, I’m so excited to be back
What is it ? For sure it matches your lawn.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Damn, sorry about your first one, it was a really clean, good looking build. But that green one is a super cool color, and in a PX4 if I'm not mistaken? I'm sure it'll be as bitchen in no time...

-TJ

Buster4pres

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Fort Thomas, KY
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Eichelberger
Member #

Interestingly enough my X was just totaled and I too was about to pull the trigger on a GX470 when I found an X I couldn’t pass up. Jealous of your color though. My new one will be (boring) silver but hey it blends in for highway speeding times!
There was a silver one in Chicago I was going to try to buy if this one fell through. Easier to find body panels lol. Hopefully you were able to pull your parts off of your old one

Buster4pres

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Fort Thomas, KY
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Eichelberger
Member #

Took the new X for its first trip this weekend. While I didn’t find much in terms of off roading around Hoosier National Forest, we did manage to find a pretty decent place to camp with easily more than enough space for 2-3 more vehicles.

Attachments

Buster4pres

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Fort Thomas, KY
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Eichelberger
Member #

Been an interesting couple of months. Fairly certain I blew the diff out of the X last week so I’m waiting for the final diagnosis and estimate on that.

But while that’s been down I decided to finally tackle the drawer system I’ve been stocking supplies for for months. Pretty happy with the outcome and just need to cut top panels this week, sand, paint, and then mount my tilting fridge slide and we’ll be set once I get the X back.

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Been an interesting couple of months. Fairly certain I blew the diff out of the X last week so I’m waiting for the final diagnosis and estimate on that.

But while that’s been down I decided to finally tackle the drawer system I’ve been stocking supplies for for months. Pretty happy with the outcome and just need to cut top panels this week, sand, paint, and then mount my tilting fridge slide and we’ll be set once I get the X back.
Nice build.

Buster4pres

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Fort Thomas, KY
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Eichelberger
Member #

So, some good news… didn’t blow the rear diff. Turns out what we were all certain was gear noise was actually a broken leaf spring rubbing on the tire. Our guess is the diving board effect was sending the chatter down the diff and making it sound like gear noise.

So while that’s awesome news, I took it as an opportunity to upgrade. And unfortunately that’s as far as I’ve gotten lol the company is waiting on the Bilstein struts and they should ship in the next few weeks.

While the X has been down, I had a trip planned to start checking off my national parks and do some camping. I knew I couldn’t cancel the trip cause I desperately needed to get away from my job and recenter, so I loaded up my civic and threw my RTT on and left. All in all, it was a pretty good trip. Definitely would have rather had the X though and the camping set up I have recently finished for it (but it’s hard to pass up 32+ mpg with a RTT).

Fingers crossed I’ll have my lift soon and be able to get back out there

Attachments

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Oooh, broken spring..........EXCUSE TO MODIFY!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are any good at wiring, do the locker mod.