Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Yeah, it’s less than ideal. Found its replacement though if it does get totaled out.

I’ve lived here for three years and for the first two years there were no issues. But now two cars have been totaled out front
I dont think I would park in the street anymore. Was the driver insured ? With my luck the driver of the other car would hit and run or have no insurance which is a problem down here on the Mexican border and the cars are registered in Mexico if they are registered at all. Hope you come out clean on this. :-)

Buster4pres

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Fort Thomas, KY
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Eichelberger
Member #

I dont think I would park in the street anymore. Was the driver insured ? With my luck the driver of the other car would hit and run or have no insurance which is a problem down here on the Mexican border and the cars are registered in Mexico if they are registered at all. Hope you come out clean on this. :-)
According to his booking in the jail one of the charges was “failure to produce insurance card” so I’m hoping he was just too drunk and he’s actually insured. Sucks I live in a no fault state.

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

Man that sucks! I was just getting ready to ask where that trail is you posted earlier in southern OH. Wanted to check it out. Hope the @$$hole has insurance and fixes everything or gets you a new rig.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
According to his booking in the jail one of the charges was “failure to produce insurance card” so I’m hoping he was just too drunk and he’s actually insured. Sucks I live in a no fault state.
No fault, does that mean he dosent have to pay or that your insurance must pay regardless of the others ability to pay. I've heard the term and my state may have it but i'm not sure what that means.

Buster4pres

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Fort Thomas, KY
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Eichelberger
Member #

No fault, does that mean he dosent have to pay or that your insurance must pay regardless of the others ability to pay. I've heard the term and my state may have it but i'm not sure what that means.
If he doesn’t have insurance, my insurance has to cover the accident. It also means I can’t sue him, my friend wanted to go after the bar next door for over serving but he found KY doesn’t allow that when he was starting to build the case (Perks of having friends from high school that went on to be lawyers )

Buster4pres

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Fort Thomas, KY
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Eichelberger
Member #

I finally got a copy of the accident report from the police, and thankfully the guy has insurance. They said an adjuster would contact me in three business days so let’s hope they don’t total it out. Though I’ll buy it back if they do

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I finally got a copy of the accident report from the police, and thankfully the guy has insurance. They said an adjuster would contact me in three business days so let’s hope they don’t total it out. Though I’ll buy it back if they do
Glad it's turning out for you. You'll still be out a lot of money when they pull out the blue book and disregard your investment in your rig. Then there is the cash you will have to come up with to buy back a car that will have a salvage recovery title that likely can't be insured again.

These insurance companies already have a salvage yard purchaser lined up that pay good dollars for wrecked autos. You will have to pay a higher price than the salvage yard to get it.
Good luck Sam

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

When my last truck was hit, It took about 5 weeks for them to fix almost 9K in damage. You may get lucky and get your truck back just as some of the new restrictions in our area are being lifted.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Well, they didn’t total it out. Came really close though. Shipped it off to the body shop this afternoon so all my travels have been postponed indefinitely (though this Coronavirus isn’t helping)
Best to bide the time. Even the Damn gas pump handles can be contaminated for three days.
You should be getting a whole new paint job out of this thing.

Buster4pres

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Fort Thomas, KY
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Eichelberger
Member #

When my last truck was hit, It took about 5 weeks for them to fix almost 9K in damage. You may get lucky and get your truck back just as some of the new restrictions in our area are being lifted.
Yeah, I’m itching to get out and explore again. It’s in the best hands that I know of so if it take a little longer I’m okay with it.

Best to bide the time. Even the Damn gas pump handles can be contaminated for three days.
You should be getting a whole new paint job out of this thing.
No full paint job, just a blend. Which is fine cause I plan on raptor lining it eventually.

Buster4pres

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Fort Thomas, KY
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Eichelberger
Member #

Quarantine boredom has finally set in (and since I’ve quit stressing over the X). I had purchased all the pieces to make a DIY tabletop skottle a couple weeks ago but hadn’t taken the time to actually do it. Initially I planned on breaking it in at the gorge at the end of the month but I don’t think that’s going to happen.

Using (3) m10x1.5 coupling nuts I was able to add a 100mm piece of all thread to each of the legs so that the cast iron discada would clear the Coleman (or Ozark Trail in my case) single burner.

Eventually the plan is to build longer legs so it’ll be like a Tembo Tusk but for 1/5 the price. Trying to get all my little projects done so I have less small parts to keep track of when I move in the next month or so

Attachments

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Quarantine boredom has finally set in (and since I’ve quit stressing over the X). I had purchased all the pieces to make a DIY tabletop skottle a couple weeks ago but hadn’t taken the time to actually do it. Initially I planned on breaking it in at the gorge at the end of the month but I don’t think that’s going to happen.

Using (3) m10x1.5 coupling nuts I was able to add a 100mm piece of all thread to each of the legs so that the cast iron discada would clear the Coleman (or Ozark Trail in my case) single burner.

Eventually the plan is to build longer legs so it’ll be like a Tembo Tusk but for 1/5 the price. Trying to get all my little projects done so I have less small parts to keep track of when I move in the next month or so
Where'd you get the disc? Been looking to do one of these for a while now.