The New Ford Bronco

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
The CVT is such a hot garbage pizza in any application. I'm in the process of fluffing up my wife's Versa we can sell it off before the CVT grenades.
Yep. agree. some people who own them praise them up for some god awful reason. Even though they have replaced theirs like 3 times each. I have one in my audi A4 now and it's slowly dying. After it's gone, the car is worthless.

Reactions: Wildcat-01

OLgadgets

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area
First Name
Huey
Last Name
Lee
Member #

It looks really good. Made me think about selling my Jeep. Even when the Jeep JL and JT(truck) came out, I wasn't impressed even after just buying a JK, but this bronco was a head turner for me.

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
It looks really good. Made me think about selling my Jeep. Even when the Jeep JL and JT(truck) came out, I wasn't impressed even after just buying a JK, but this bronco was a head turner for me.
Agreed. I am a current JK Unlimited and Jeep Patriot owner. The bronco and sport are two worthy upgrades for us. I was'nt impressed with the JL. I drove the JL and JK back to back and bought another JK.

Reactions: OLgadgets

Wildcat-01

Rank II

Enthusiast III

North Bay Area, California
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Tonelli
Yep. agree. some people who own them praise them up for some god awful reason. Even though they have replaced theirs like 3 times each. I have one in my audi A4 now and it's slowly dying. After it's gone, the car is worthless.
That's what I'm sweating, too. This thing already squeals a bit in overdrive and slips on a hill, it's just a matter of time before it's a brick.

Wildcat-01

Rank II

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sam
Last Name
Tonelli
Yeah, all I can really say that's right about the JL is that they fixed the JK's face, otherwise it's still just a JK with a diesel option and lighter frame.
If the Gladiator had an extra cab longbed option I'd consider it, but as it is right now it has too much cab and not enough bed to be useful to me.

Reactions: OLgadgets

OLgadgets

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area
First Name
Huey
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Agreed. I am a current JK Unlimited and Jeep Patriot owner. The bronco and sport are two worthy upgrades for us. I was'nt impressed with the JL. I drove the JL and JK back to back and bought another JK.
I'm with you there! Looking at the Bronco, all I could think was what great overland vehicle this is. Can't wait to see all the accessories come out in the next year for this.

OLgadgets

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area
First Name
Huey
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Yeah, all I can really say that's right about the JL is that they fixed the JK's face, otherwise it's still just a JK with a diesel option and lighter frame.
If the Gladiator had an extra cab longbed option I'd consider it, but as it is right now it has too much cab and not enough bed to be useful to me.
Here's a few other things they fixed in the JL, but it still didn't compel me to root for it. They redesigned the engine to have 8-speed automatic transmission. They also added a couple of vents for the hood area, which is much needed since the JK's hood was horribly containing all the heat from the engine bay, where you can also cook an egg on it after a long trip. So the extra louvers are an improvement, but not much. Finally, the other noticeable feature is the easy pull-out door handle vs the thumb depress handle(which to me is a pain in the ass). I'm still wanting to change my JK door handles regardless. I agree with you on the JT, the cab is still too small for what the vehicle was made for. For a truck, the safety tow rating is still limited to 7500 pounds, which is laughable for a truck. You would think that when a company designs and builds a "real" truck, they would find a better engine to balance towing with wheeling. Watch Tesla's cybertruck(maybe in its 2nd edition) accomplish that and blow offroad trucks out of the water.

Reactions: Wildcat-01

Wildcat-01

Rank II

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sam
Last Name
Tonelli
Here's a few other things they fixed in the JL, but it still didn't compel me to root for it. They redesigned the engine to have 8-speed automatic transmission. They also added a couple of vents for the hood area, which is much needed since the JK's hood was horribly containing all the heat from the engine bay, where you can also cook an egg on it after a long trip. So the extra louvers are an improvement, but not much. Finally, the other noticeable feature is the easy pull-out door handle vs the thumb depress handle(which to me is a pain in the ass). I'm still wanting to change my JK door handles regardless. I agree with you on the JT, the cab is still too small for what the vehicle was made for. For a truck, the safety tow rating is still limited to 7500 pounds, which is laughable for a truck. You would think that when a company designs and builds a "real" truck, they would find a better engine to balance towing with wheeling. Watch Tesla's cybertruck(maybe in its 2nd edition) accomplish that and blow offroad trucks out of the water.
I just feel short-changed by the JL: the jump from CJ-7 to YJ was pretty dramatic, and from YJ to TJ was another massive leap, but the JL just feels more like a mid-run refresh rather than a new generation. Then again, that's basically what Toyota did with the third-gen Tundra so what do I even know?

I am glad that they helped ventilate the engine compartment, and I do look forward to the rumored Hemi JL, and if the diesel option wasn't slushbox-only, I'd be seriously considering one right now.

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
The gladiator was never intended to compete with a 1/2 ton truck. Just to give the wrangler more utility, I think it's really good. Screw that trial pursuit designed electric abomination. Elon was smoking way to much refer when he approved that fugly design. Look at rivian for a true electric truck solution. The cyber truck was designed by a 2 year old with a geometry set with all parts missing except for the triangle.

Wallygator

Rank III

Contributor II

USA
Pretty sure the Gladiators tow rating is the best in class. So it was designed just fine for midsize truck duties. Teslas cybertruck is a fantasy at this point and not in production. Also if it ever comes out, it better blow all trucks out of the water for a price of $100,000+

Wildcat-01

Rank II

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sam
Last Name
Tonelli
We have 140,000 miles and counting on our versa with the cvt. Never had a single issue with that car.
I'm really surprised by that, is there anything in particular that you do to keep t up? From what I've read the issue is that the fluid gets hot and kills the oil pump. Are you just being diligent on maintenance?