The New Ford Bronco

• HTML tutorial

surfnturf

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kings Mountain, CA, USA
Member #

My daily driver and overland rig for the past 8 years has been my 1968 Bronco. While it is extremely simple and reliable, I have been considering retiring it to the weekend cruising and car shows. I've been on the fence for the past few months on buying the new Jeep JL Rubicon 2 door as I have been a jeep fan for most my life. After comparing all the specs on both the 2021 bronco and the Jeep JL20200605_195249.jpg Rubicon I have decided to go with the 2 door Base Bronco, 7 speed manual with the sasquatch package. Pre-order deposit is placed!

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I think it's a great vehicle, maybe exactly what I was looking for, don't really need the solid front axle of the wrangler but really like the capabilities, no need to push it to the limit to get on the trail.
Ford did a great job and probably answers questions jeep left open with the JL.
The engines are great and will make up for a good real world fuel mileage and they increase the chances that we will get them over here in Europe.

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Saw they have a Pickup version already planned for 2025 as well to compete with the Gladiator. Looks sick!

Reactions: Mike G

DaPyrate

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Hamilton, Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PBK
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran
I love the look and specs of the new Bronco but I think I need to keep my 2019 Ranger because I like having a truck bed.

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

If I was in the market and didn’t already have a Jeep and a 4runner.... it’d be tempting to not buy this and kill two birds with one stone. They definitely hit the nail on the head! Now if we could just do something about that towing capacity....

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
If I was in the market and didn’t already have a Jeep and a 4runner.... it’d be tempting to not buy this and kill two birds with one stone. They definitely hit the nail on the head! Now if we could just do something about that towing capacity....
I agree the towing capacity and payload need to be improved, although i'm thinking they really went for a soft suspension for off road prowess and comfort and sacrificed the towing and capacity is my guess. I def think it's something they'll "upgrade" in some later year models though. Ford has a pretty good reputation on getting usable payload and towing out of off road capable setups. The Raptor and Super Duty Tremor sacrifice some for sure but it's still there.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I was just over on a JL forum. Lotsa salt flying around. People in the JL community with a clapped out rubicon, 37's, some sort of lift since you can see the bump stop extensions and currie sway bar, etc claiming it's completely stock and flexing to the moon, while stating the bronco can't do crap. I love it. I am a jeep owner and Love my 2 jeeps. But man, lots of panties in a knot from other jeep owners around ha ha. Wait till the Head to Head reviews. Head explody multiple times!

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

My wife likes it but she wants to see it in person first and we wount get a first yr model

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Agreed, i'm hoping the bronco does for the SUV's what the Raptor did for the full size market. Before the raptor there wasn't a Ram Rebel, or the GMC AT4, etc. It'll be really exciting for the industry.

another reason i love OverlandBound over the regular Jeep.F150, Siverado etc sites. It's like the Island of Misfit toys. Offroad all the things and enjoy them all. Not saying we don't have brand loyalty here but we generally appreciate everything on dirt.

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
A dude who runs a podcast called All Over Overland runs the hell out of his jeep liberty, but i think it finally died on him. He super hates it and is looking at a Nissan Frontier right now. I love the variety!

Wildcat-01

Rank II

Enthusiast III

North Bay Area, California
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Tonelli
exactly. My driveway is the island of misfit toys..ha ha never know what's going to pop up there. And agree on this place. Here I wont get flack for off roading my patriot. people here will be like AWESOME. talk about it on a Jeep centric fourm and they are like sell it for an xj.
A buddy I studied with had a Patriot and it was a pretty decent little car. Room enough for five students and their gear, good ground clearance and decent road manners. I'd take one over a CR-V or Murano any day of the week.