Contributor III

Van Alstyne, TX, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Carter
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KP
This is my first Forum to post in for overlanding so I want to say its the official start to taking the next big step in my adventures. For now I just cruise around black tops and dirt roads and hike the paths near by. I'm looking to take a hard right and start getting into more secluded roads and paths. Most of my Adventures are here in Texas from the Red River north of Dallas all the way down to Hill Country in Concan with my wife. I have also been looking to make a huge upgrade in vehicles here soon and figured this would be a good place to see different layouts. I've been looking at a used/newer 4Runner since I have 2 dogs that ride backseat. I look forward to all the adventures this community helps with.

Josh
Van Alstyne, TX
river2021.jpg
river 2021 2.jpg
river 2021 3.jpg

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Josh (@JoCarter) welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. You're in a good location to start your adventures. Ouachita National Forest is really nice. There's already a couple of meets in the DFW area to check out. Southwest Area Events

More local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
This is my first Forum to post in for overlanding so I want to say its the official start to taking the next big step in my adventures. For now I just cruise around black tops and dirt roads and hike the paths near by. I'm looking to take a hard right and start getting into more secluded roads and paths. Most of my Adventures are here in Texas from the Red River north of Dallas all the way down to Hill Country in Concan with my wife. I have also been looking to make a huge upgrade in vehicles here soon and figured this would be a good place to see different layouts. I've been looking at a used/newer 4Runner since I have 2 dogs that ride backseat. I look forward to all the adventures this community helps with.

Josh
Van Alstyne, TX
View attachment 201995
View attachment 201996
View attachment 201997
Welcome to Overland Bound Josh
@Roots66 has already given you some great information to get you started, he is a great resource for all things Overland Bound.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Reactions: roots66