Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

For anyone who is interested, here is a link to a map of the event location on the Biltmore Estate (via Dropbox). This gives you an idea for a layout of the land for those who have not attended. You'll see that there is camping to the far right with a designated camping area for motorcycles. There is also camping to the far left (which is actually closest to where the showers will be). Experience has shown me that camping along Camp Drive or Riverside Drive can be very dusty with lots of traffic.

Overland Expo East 2017 Public Map (PDF)

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

are there community fire pits?

i'll be in a truck pulling an imagine trailvan. truck is fairly long. 21' i think. trailer is under 13'

it has a flip out bed on the side and a canopy on the other side and rear, so 20' wide would be nice, but I'm not sure how cramped everyone is going to be

put me next to valmore!
I had to Google "imagine trailvan". They look pretty cool, and affordable? I'd be interested in checking yours out.

Reactions: Valmore

Valmore

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Canonsburg PA, USA
First Name
Val
Last Name
Valiente
Member #

I had to Google "imagine trailvan". They look pretty cool, and affordable? I'd be interested in checking yours out.
I will also be glad to show you the Trailvan, we are showing the same one we had last year , Taliv is bringing his and there is another customer that is also bringing another.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

We are rolling out of Phoenix this Friday, spending a few days in Tennessee before arriving Wednesday afternoon.
Come on by the Turtleback Trailers booth (#73) and say hi! Looking forward to meeting you all!

taliv

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Tennessee
My wife and I are greatly considering coming this year. Is it worth the cost? It seems a little pricey to me.
imho, wandering around the exhibitors for a few hours saturday is a lot like an expensive gun show. the full experience pass would only be worth it if you signed up early and got all the classes you wanted. but 3 full days of classes at that price is a bargain

brianb2

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

Another fellow and I are camping on site and there for the weekend. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dziner

Beee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Noblesville, IN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Ruschak
Member #

Work made the decision for me. I will not be able to get there for camping until Friday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Traveler I

US
imho, wandering around the exhibitors for a few hours saturday is a lot like an expensive gun show. the full experience pass would only be worth it if you signed up early and got all the classes you wanted. but 3 full days of classes at that price is a bargain
Thanks for the response taliv. Is the weekend pass (not the full experience) worth it? Are you saying it's a swap meet/gun show unless you buy the classes?

taliv

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Tennessee
Well there's not a lot of beef jerky and dream catchers. I enjoyed walking around for a day talking to all the exhibitors and playing with their toys. So yeah. I think there are some things but it's mostly that. I don't know what the 3 day is like

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

I think it's more than that, even without the classes. Lots of opportunities to check out rigs, not just product, see how others approach vehicle outfitting and getting ideas. A chance to talk directly with vendors about their products and what differentiates them in the market.

Traveler I

US
I think it's more than that, even without the classes. Lots of opportunities to check out rigs, not just product, see how others approach vehicle outfitting and getting ideas. A chance to talk directly with vendors about their products and what differentiates them in the market.
That's what I was thinking. But for $150 I can throw more at my rig and keep scouring the interwebs. Ha

Don't worry, I'm still considering it.

brianb2

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

That's why I'm going. First time attending one of these and looking forward to meeting folks and getting ideas. I looked at the classes, but didn't like they way they packaged them all or nothing. Not long now.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

That's what I was thinking. But for $150 I can throw more at my rig and keep scouring the interwebs. Ha

Don't worry, I'm still considering it.
But can you hang around a campfire in a can with a whole bunch of fellow OLB members from all over the US and swap stories? That, my friend, is priceless :tonguewink: