The hunt continues...Isuzu Trooper owners, need your help!

• HTML tutorial

Andy G

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cannonsburg, MI
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Grow
Member #

Got my eye on a 2002 Trooper w/154,xxx miles on it. Owner had a bunch of work done to it recently - most importantly the timing belt, water pump, tensioner and pulley being replaced.

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/d/2002-isuzu-trooper-tod/6407155602.html

I'm wondering if there are any other specifics I should be watching for with this rig. Have NEVER even touched an Isuzu product before...!

Thanks much! Wish me luck - checking it out tomorrow!

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

IMO the ad sounds like there’s other issues that haven’t been fixed and they’re tired of throwing money at it. I usually google “common problems whatever make model year” and see what comes up the most. All cars have something, hopefully it’s already been addressed or isn’t a big deal, but sometimes a particular year will have a notoriously bad transmission or whatever even though other years of the same model are fine.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

Having put 300K over three motors on one, I can tell you to replace all the lug nuts and save yourself a lot of future grief. It will always have overheating problems that you will never fix.

Kirill Rudnev

Rank 0

Traveler I

I own a 99 Trooper with 205,xxx miles and I'd say is that you will need to adjust the cylinder head valves because they have solid lifters instead of hydraulic ones. I rebuilt my engine when bought It cause my valve burnt through.