The G.M. Hummer that should've worked...

• HTML tutorial

darthyota

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Darthyota..! How are you..?! You're right, maybe even a little more than 700, I may be doing a serious suspension plan immediately following the swap...
I think maybe moving it back a little bit might help, but I believe it will be a little lighter than the 454 I was going to shove in there... I really want to get it moving for now... It's killin me to see it sit...

Sent from my SM-J327R4 using OB Talk mobile app
I'm pretty good keeping super busy with work as it is spring shutdown season. Moving the engine back will help with weight distribution, as I'm sure you're well aware of being an aircraft guy and all.

Reactions: H3Coyote

H3Coyote

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

MidWest, U.S., by Chicago.
Member #

Was the ISB 170 considered? or even the 2.8 cummins repower?
Hey Motohead.! Oh yeah, I really like 2.8 Cummins, in fact I completely dig it, but the price point was still out there too high right now with the other stuff going on in the family...
The ISB 170 was not considered, and after just a quick look at the performance and specs, I'm going to dig into it further, I've got about a week and a half before we move it to the shop and start the search for the engine, so I am seriously going to check it out...
Thanks for that heads up on it..!
Could you post a link for me to follow..?
I'm seeing it at 170 hp/450 ft lbs, with a little bit less vibration and noise...
And I like that...

H3Coyote

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

With just a quick search, I'm finding the ISB 170 priced all over the map too...
$1250.oo (apart but suitable for rebuild) and clear up the ladder from there to $500.oo (fully built and running with the harness)... Time to add it to the equation..!
Thanks Motohead..!

H3Coyote

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

With just a quick search, I'm finding the ISB 170 priced all over the map too...
$1250.oo (apart but suitable for rebuild) and clear up the ladder from there to $500.oo (fully built and running with the harness)... Time to add it to the equation..!
Thanks Motohead..!

**$5500.oo**