Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Found this online
After 67 years of production, in January 2016, the final Land Rover Defender rolled off the production line. This is our way of saying Thank You.

The Defender and Land Rover Series models are one of the UK's greatest and most revered achievements when it comes to motor design. Epitomising everything British, the Defender's modesty and disdain is unmatched. This icon has served our Armed Forces & Adventurers, Farmers, Helped in Mountain Rescue's and been the Go-To vehicle when you absolutely need to get to somewhere you would usually struggle. Her Majesty The Queen even owns a cherished 110 V8 which she personally drives around the Balmoral estate.

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

Jaguar/Land Rover now owned by TATA motors announced that 2018 could see the return of the Defender. Knowing that this day was coming, they have, in the past few years built a concept vehicle for a suitable replacement. Unfortunately, Land Rover traditionalists do not like the idea...will TATA move forward, I hope so...would I choose the new design over the classic design...NO, but that's just me. I hope the Defender can live on with it's new design.

The New concept vehicles, named DC100 – the name stood for Defender Concept 100 in. wheelbase- would come as a 2 door, a 4 door, and a convertible. If TATA does move forward with this design...projected production date would be 2018.24981dc0ce4271173203dfd200890b58.jpg 5312121018413321600x1060.jpg land-rover-defender-ac-003.jpg lr_defender_3dr_mt_aav2_0_0_0.jpg lr_defender_5dr_lwb_aav_0_0_0.jpg

Reactions: Mike G

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

Recently, Gerry McGovern and his team have changed their tune and insist the new Defender will be nothing like the DC100. At first blush, this seems to be good news to traditionalists, but he's also been on record about using the new LR design language that is common to the Ejoke, Disco Sport, RRS, and RR. That contradicts their recent denials about the DC100.

I guess, if I want a 2015 Defender, I'll have to wait 25 years unless the US changes the import restrictions...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Been an amazing 67 years for the Defender. I'm sure they will still be around for a very long time. Incredible machines.

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

Thats a crying ass shame.

Why in the name of all things wheeled would you do such a thing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk