The BEST and WORST parts of Overlanding

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

California
We're going to be more or less off the road for a while now and trying to readjust to stationary life and living according to other people's schedules is proving more difficult for me than expected, so fastdiablo, smritte the stuff you guys are saying is ringing true with me right now.

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
The breakdowns aren't fun when they happen, but they can make some decent memories too ;)
The Bride came across a statement somewhere, which I can't quote verbatim, but it was something along the lines of "Shared adversity builds strong relationships."

However, she has yet to express any gratitude at all for the trip where our tent wound up with a solid inch of standing water in it. You would think she would appreciate such a relationship building experience...

I can assure you she hasn't forgotten about it.

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

The best: being a couple hours from home and it finally sinking in that you're on the road (or trail), your schedule is yours to do with as you please, and all your regular troubles have been left behind.

The worst: the time in between trips, where finances or other obligations keep you grounded, and you feel like you might lose your mind if you don't get away soon.