• HTML tutorial

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

One of my many hobbies, many of which involves some sort of steel. I also wood carve, just spoons/ bowls/ kuksas, etc. Nothing major but enough to still have fun. Been using beavercraft tools and for the money they are still a steal. But been buying a few hand working tools (Axes/ Adzes/ etc) from etsy manufactured in the Ukraine, which have amazing smiths FYI. Picked up a little set to go in the rig for when I am out and just want to relax, was VERY fond of them. Decided to pick up a larger set for the house. Have a few extra gouges, and even a curved gouge for kuksas. I really like their carving knife, its similar to a Sloyd knife but with a straight blade, they call it a bororodsky, some sort of Russian design, but I am a fan. And talk about scary sharp, peeled the hair right of my hand... Know its not what you expected from the knife post but they are still technically knifes.....

Ruben Z

Rank 0

Contributor I

South Texas
First Name
Ruben
Last Name
Zamora
I love my ESEE Knives. My EDC though is a Benchmade Mini Rukus and Izula 2. Also have an ESEE 3, 6, Junglas Please disregard the pink pillow case :) I used my daughters so the knives would have a bright contrasting background.

Attachments

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Reminds me i need to get some more knives mine are only used for protection where i cant carry a handgun on me. I need something for rougher use when i dont want to use a machete. The shrade at the bottom was my farm kife but its way to heavy to pocket all day, the camillus above it i use for cutting bait and lines while kayak catfishing, the otf above that is the kife i usually carry every day, the gerber above that was my daily carry now it sees fishing, general duty then last my little shrade keychain pig sticker i tend to forget i even have it.

15615779152831767625544.jpg

Reactions: Willys_2014

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

I went around the house, the camper, the car, garage, etc. Finding all my knives I could. Still, I missed some. My dive/kayak knife isn't in the boat where I thought it was. I couldn't get to my tackle box to get my old Martiini Rapala filet knife. And just as I was typing this, I remembered the two knives Deb uses out in the garden shed. My daughter is borrowing my Buck Executive folder while she looks for her missing SAK. And I forgot about the Fiskars hatchet, splitting axe, and folding saws in the barn. There are probably a few others I've lost track of, too.

Anyway, here's what I have. Many of these were bought in the '80s and '90s when I was going through a "well, that looks cool!" phase. And there are a few just silly sharp objects, such as the lipstick blade, tulip necklace, hammer multi-tool, and especially the multi-tool made to look like a race car. :)

Fixed Blade
View attachment 99047

Folders
View attachment 99048

Multi-Tools
View attachment 99049

Everything pointy I have, except those I forgot...View attachment 99050
DAM!!!! I thought I had a "few knives".
Question...in the fourth photo....what is 2 piece item on the far right...on top of the canvas bag >

Big Easy Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

LaPlace, LA, USA
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Wingard
Member #

Two years ago my son hiked 40 miles up the mountains of the Smokey Mountain National Park in four days. The last day's hike was an 8 mile hike on a trail with under 100 feet of elevation change. The troop leader told him after that hike that if he were to go on ANOTHER 8 mile hike that same day on another less challenging trail that he would earn his hiking badge AND his Appalachian Trail badge. Well... he was tired and chaffed and hot and whatever else so he was hemming and hawing trying to avoid it. He had gotten our permission to buy a Bowie knife when the Troop went into Gatlinburg for the day, so I told him that if he went and completed the hike I'd buy him a REAL Bowie knife instead of the cheap knockoff that he would have bought. He went and completed the hike at the front of the pack, sooooo....

bowie (1).jpg

isaiah with bowie.jpg

Attachments

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
I daily carry a Voyager xl cold steel pocket knife. This was a gift from a close friend and it seems to hold an edge longer than most pocket knives I've daily carried. Before that, I daily carried a Gerber assisted open, which I occasionally switch to. I open carry a few different fixed blades when I can. Depending on the need, I will carry a camp size USMC KaBar, a Becker combat bowie, or one of my field dressing hunting knives. All but the bowie are practical. The bowie, however, seems to work well for a lot of different uses.

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

I also own a few Esee knives, an izula, a 3 and a 5. They are all built like tanks and last forever. My edc is a benchmade North Fork. Great S30v steel and I love the wood handles. I always have an Esee in my bag, or on long trips.

I daily carry the same!

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I own 63 pocket knives. Lots of Bench made, Shki and made in Solingen. I carry one of the everyday, I have for about 50 years, started it the 6 grade. I own 10 Cooking knives and 2 Machetes. They all have there place.

One day iIwas talking to a coworker (Marine) about backpacking and where I have going. He asked if I was taking a Kabar with me? I ask why would i take a big ol knife like that? He told me about how it can dig a hole and cut down a tree and open a can with it. I said to him " I have backpacked well over 1000 miles and I have never needed to dig a hole with a knife, never need to cut down a tree while backpacking and I don't carry cans. We just came at the world in different ways.
I love super sharp cutting tools, but all are just tools. I remember something about the carpenter and not the hammer.

Reactions: SoCalGX

L2828

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas
First Name
LEE
Last Name
WILLIAMS
I have a large selection Case Knives. I love them!! I carry one at all times. While camping/backpacking/offroading I keep a Gerber Multi Tool with me as well. Depending on what I am doing that day I have a couple Kershaw knives I'll carry as well. The only constant is my Case knives.

Tex.Proud

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Huntsville, TX, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Gills
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K4TXN
Service Branch
Army Veteran
I have a bit of a collection, but my most used:

EDC folding knives...
Chris Reeve Sebenza 21
Benchmade Freek with custom scales. Original scales had textured rubber, and made it a pain in the butt to put back in your pocket. It was as if the knife was grabbing on to everything it could for dear life, while screaming "NO! I'LL NEVER GO BACK!".
edc.jpg

Hunting...
Arno Bernard Hunter, M390 and Giraffe bone handle, Custom Kydex Sheath, Exotac FireROD.
hunt1.jpg
hunt2.jpg

Field/Camp use...
L.T. Wright Larry Roberts Gen 6, A2 and Black Micarta Matte Finish
L.T. Wright Next Gen, AEB-L and Rustic Brown Canvas Micarta Matte Finish
Handmade firesteel
field1.jpg
field2.jpg
Carry On!

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

Lots of cool collections here!

Most of these knives were collected over 25 years ago. The long one on the lower left was made by my dad from a file this year.
Buffalo nickle cash clip for scale (ha!).

20191231_090808.jpg