Thanksgiving 2016 - Lee's Ferry

• HTML tutorial

Gunnermoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Mesa, Arizona
Member #

Recently completed the 2nd Annual Thanksgiving trip to Lee's Ferry in Northern AZ. Is the the western ending of the Glenn Canyon area or the eastern start of the Grand Canyon. You decide. This year was a great success as we more than doubled our group size from last year (4-10). Again the usual suspects were present with myself and @1Louder , the turkey and prime rib. I was hoeeible at taking pictures this year so I had to "barrow" photos from others. I am sure 1Louder will post others he has.

The advanced party went up Monday to secure some locations and provide intel on the site. Last year we had the place to ourselves, this year was a different story. The main group arrived on Wednesday, straglers came Friday.

Thursday was spent preparing a full traditional Thanksgiving meal in the bush. Dutch oven salt crusted prime rib, turkey and all of the trimmings. Even fancy paper plates this year.

Camp.jpg Chris Camp.jpg
dinner.jpg dinner2.jpg dinner3.jpg Eric and Chris.jpg Sitting in Camp.jpg

Looking forward to the 3rd annual meet next year! Maybe we can get the group to grow some more.

Hans Truck.jpg

Interesting meeting this year. Met Hans and Katrin from Germany during this trip. They have recently began their trek to see the entire world in their Man truck. It is a trip they say was thirty years in the making. To start they needed their son to be completed with school. Three days after his graduation they were on the road. At this point they are headed to Las Vegas to put the truck in storage to fly home for the Christmas holiday. Great couple! You can follow their trip at www.otto-mobil.com.

The funny point of this meeting was, they were as excited seeing our camp set-up and rigs and we were to see theirs!