Thank you for the JB weld. Afton canyon water crossing

• HTML tutorial

Boost

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Riverside
Member #

Big thank you to the overland bound member who supplied us with jb weld after the afton canyon water crossing on Sunday April 22nd. Didn’t realize you were a member of the site till you pulled away. But your a the man and thanks again buddy.

If anyone was out in the area with the owner of a black rubicon with a snorkel and eco cage on it thank you to all involved

Attachments

Boost

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Riverside
Member #

My cousins radiator in the TJ rubicon cracked shortly after the crossing. And the jb weld held just long enough to finish the trail and get to the freeway so we could tow it from that point. Not the most exciting story haha. But thankful for the group of you on here

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
My cousins radiator in the TJ rubicon cracked shortly after the crossing. And the jb weld held just long enough to finish the trail and get to the freeway so we could tow it from that point. Not the most exciting story haha. But thankful for the group of you on here
Well you know that Toyota owners love to hear a good Jeep story. Haha

malacandro

Rank I

Member I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Abraham
Member #

Big thank you to the overland bound member who supplied us with jb weld after the afton canyon water crossing on Sunday April 22nd. Didn’t realize you were a member of the site till you pulled away. But your a the man and thanks again buddy.

If anyone was out in the area with the owner of a black rubicon with a snorkel and eco cage on it thank you to all involved
We went through the afternoon before...definitely a bit deeper than we gauged! One vehicle needs a new starter, two lost some sensors, and all of us now have that nice mildew smell. I’m hoping the clutch noise I’m getting is from low fluid and not something else...

Glad you were able to get the vehicle out to the road!

liveoak

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Fallbrook, CA, USA
First Name
live
Last Name
oak
that water crossing isn't worth going through anymore. it's gotten way too deep and the water is nasty. a local tow truck driver told me he got a bacterial infection from having to pull someone out of there

liveoak

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Fallbrook, CA, USA
First Name
live
Last Name
oak
yes, most people end their journey on the Mojave Rd Trail after crossing the water at Afton Canyon when running east to west. It lets out right at Afton Canyon campground. I like to run west to east and usually call it quits around Caruthers Canyon. I have been bypassing the water crossing by heading up to Basin Rd exit (next exit north of Afton Rd) and starting from there. As far as I know this is also the last place to exit if running east to west if you want to avoid the crossing