Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

As far as gear goes I have a 2018 taco with a 9500lb wench and recovery gear a 60 inch high lift jack air compressor generic maxtrax x2

Reactions: Tray

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

I am interested in going. What kind of gear would I need at a minimum? New to overlanding and am building up my gear to be more capable.
From what I’ve read it shouldn’t be very technical...bring a fire extinguisher, 1st aid kit, water, food and camping gear if we do an overnighter. Check that your vehicle had recovery points front and back, bring a shackle. Shovel, Spare tire and tire repair kit. I wouldn’t go out and buy a hole lot of stuff. Once we get closer and know who’s going maybe we can take inventory of who has what...if we get 10 rigs we don’t all have to carry a hi-lift jack, etc. that way we can save space and weight.
I have a 2018 taco equipped with a honey badger wench bumper and a 9,500 lb. Wench with 100 feet of synthetic rope rated for 12,000 lbs a 60 inch high lift Jack tree strap and snatch lines tow straps and shackles I also have 2 generic maxtrax and chain + my camping gear

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

I have a 2018 taco equipped with a honey badger wench bumper and a 9,500 lb. Wench with 100 feet of synthetic rope rated for 12,000 lbs a 60 inch high lift Jack tree strap and snatch lines tow straps and shackles I also have 2 generic maxtrax and chain + my camping gear
Sorry I thought I was hitting a wrong button so I re did it

darrenc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Fort Worth
First Name
darren
Last Name
contino
Member #

I would be in if you don't mind a newcomer to the group and I don't know a lot about the offloading in that area. I have a fully Overland equipped F250, front and rear winches, jacks, compressor and generator. Could ride as 1 rig but might be interested in the wife driving her TJ down. Is there any online videos of the trail to scout out?

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

I would be in if you don't mind a newcomer to the group and I don't know a lot about the offloading in that area. I have a fully Overland equipped F250, front and rear winches, jacks, compressor and generator. Could ride as 1 rig but might be interested in the wife driving her TJ down. Is there any online videos of the trail to scout out?
All are welcome to attend the events as long as there is room experience can be learned along the way

Reactions: Tray and darrenc

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
Does anyone have a .kmz file for this trip? Also what is most everyone using? CB, GMRS, or HAM?
The .kml and .gpx files are loaded in the locations tab of the rally point page toward the bottom. I’m not sure how to convert to .kmz. I’ll be on ham for this trip. I have not purchased a cb yet.

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
Hey folks, I’ll try to call dos Rios today or tomorrow and see if they’ll do a group rate for us. So let me know if you will be staying the night or pushing for the day trip.

Reactions: DoggMan1163

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
Hey folks, I’ll try to call dos Rios today or tomorrow and see if they’ll do a group rate for us. So let me know if you will be staying the night or pushing for the day trip.
I’ll be camping there that night doesn’t mean you have to

echo8408

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Derrick
Last Name
Eaton
Member #

The .kml and .gpx files are loaded in the locations tab of the rally point page toward the bottom. I’m not sure how to convert to .kmz. I’ll be on ham for this trip. I have not purchased a cb yet.
I’m an idiot and type kmz instead of kml. No conversion needed. Lol

DeltaBravo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sun City, TX
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG1N
Just signed up! In for the overnight. CB radio for me (I'm a ham, but haven't done anything in 15 years)

I've got pretty much everything but a winch (or wench) - Hi-Lift, shovel, air compressor, deflator, tow straps, snatch strap/block, extra winch lines, etc.

I've been on pretty much the entire route; nothing too demanding, unless there's RAIN, then Sandy Creek, James River, LLano may be impassable.

Looking forward to meeting and greeting everyone!

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
Just signed up! In for the overnight. CB radio for me (I'm a ham, but haven't done anything in 15 years)

I've got pretty much everything but a winch (or wench) - Hi-Lift, shovel, air compressor, deflator, tow straps, snatch strap/block, extra winch lines, etc.

I've been on pretty much the entire route; nothing too demanding, unless there's RAIN, then Sandy Creek, James River, LLano may be impassable.

Looking forward to meeting and greeting everyone!
Awesome!! Glad you can join.