Texas Fall Outdoor Expo - Who's Going??

• HTML tutorial

Mister Pipps

Rank 0

Traveler I

I'm already all registered up for the event. Won't be rolling in until pretty much sunset on Friday unfortunately, but planning on camping for 2 nights.

Daniel Diaz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Harlingen, Texas
Member #

I will seriously try to make this event as well. I had no idea about Texas Avid Outdoors, so thank you @darin.explore for this!!

I don't have Facebook, only Instagram, so I'll be out of the FB info. Hopefully y'all will continue to update in here or tag me in any forums y'all create for this event please. I'll be bringing my littles as well.

Cheers!!

Last edited:

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

This will be my 3rd event, last years was spectacular!
I plan on leaving from Arlington early Friday morning, as one of my buddies wants to attend the First Aid class at 9:30 am.

Reactions: CCTX50

CCTX50

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corpus Christi TEXAS
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Strasheim
Member #

Didn't know this thread was started already. I plan on attending. I'm going up on Thursday and leaving Sunday. Will be going solo and look to meet some new friends. I will be in a 2013 Jeep Rubicon. Hope to see y'all there.
Coming in from Corpus Christi.

Robert Fullen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kerrville, Tx
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Fullen
Member #

Service Branch
None
I remember at some point someone was trying to organize a specific spot for overland bound? Did that come to pass or nah?
I havent seen anything set in stone yet but we should have enough members present to do something Saturday evening for sure!

CCTX50

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corpus Christi TEXAS
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Strasheim
Member #

Well, I am registered and looking forward to the event. Next step is to get all my equipment together and ready. For those that have been there (Oxford Ranch) before, what is the camping situation like? Any areas to avoid or areas to try to get? I am new to overlanding and have a lot to learn. I know that sometime while I am up there I will be going into Llano for BBQ and or Pizza. There is a great Pizza joint there.

Reactions: Hybrid_Offroad

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
Well, I am registered and looking forward to the event. Next step is to get all my equipment together and ready. For those that have been there (Oxford Ranch) before, what is the camping situation like? Any areas to avoid or areas to try to get? .
I have spent a lot of time there. Not really a bad spot. Water holds mosquitoes. There are a few designated areas with fire rings and picnic tables, but the whole area is dispersed. Set where you want within reason.

Mister Pipps

Rank 0

Traveler I

I'm not sure yet, it depends if I can get Friday off from work. I have to take at least two days off to pick up my XV-2 trailer, so might not be easy to take more time off.
I'm kinda in the same boat, I'll be arriving probably around 7 or 8 unfortunately. Nothing like putting together a tent in the dark haha

Reactions: CCTX50

Bionic Randy

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Pipe Creek, Texas, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Tipton
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I just found this page, so I have to do some schedule shuffling, but I am going to try to make it! Sounds like fun!